Some clients are so fickle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purebeauty2785

Reaction score
Its frustrating how some clientele are so loyal and stick with you thick or thin, and some flip from therapist to therapist.
i wish i could say that they were getting a better priced deal else where, but the truth of it is that they arent. They may pay a pound less but is the quality truly the same?? what products are they using?? I take pride in the fact i use great products, and it really gets under my skin when i see a client that has had a so called "bargain" down the road, come back to me to complain that it wasnt as good as what iv done for them.

I know its only in our nature to want to find the best deal out there, but i know i would choose quality over quantity anytime.

sorry for the rant!

Does anyone have any suggestions, that would incourage those that are easily turned, to stay put?

How about a loyalty card? x

Loyalty card have worked well 4 me. Mine ate if u get 5 spray tabs you get your 6th 1 free. Loads of my customers are loyal to me anyway so I through it was a good way to thank them aswell.x

Twinkle, do you keep their loyalty card or give it to them to keep? If you give it to them what do you stamp it with?

I give mine to them to keep. It's on the back of my business cards so works well. I do buy 9 treatments get the 10th half price. I've been looking for a tiny stamp but I just tend to write the date and sign it. Hth x

(sorry about my boring post before, I was still half asleep!)

I'm glad these are the suggestions! I ordered business cards last night and designed a loyalty scheme on the back that gave 50% off any nail treatment after 5 appointments have been stamped. I thought it was a good introductory offer to get my name and services out there!!

I wouldn't be too offended about people jumping to other therapists, they could just be offer scroungers and only go where the money savings are. They'll soon realise cheapest isn't always best! Plus, on the upside, giving your returning clients a reward with the loyalty card will be a nice touch ;)

some people would drive you mad jumping from billy to jack but at the end of the day we are professionals and business is business so when they ring your bell again just smile and say nice to see you , what can i do for you?
if they bitch about having something else done elsewhere and not being happy with it say 'ah well , there you go' mind you i have said ' what took you in there in the first place, good enough for you.haha.( only if i knew them well enough to say that of course)
i don't do a loyalty scheme myself as i am far too scatty to keep it organised properly so i just knock money off things for regulars or do a bit extra for free. they all seen happy with that arrangement cos they keep coming back!!

I think we're all guilty of that too though. Think of food shopping, asda are doing but 1 get 1 free on our regular items we go there, then tesco do a £1 on most bought items we go there. But when it's a small business not like them giants it makes a huge hole in the takings and does knock us personally. Xoxo

Everyone likes to shop around to makesure they are getting the best but if they are all coming back to you it's nothing but a massive compliment :)

To be honest we are all guilty of it. For example I have just saved myself £100 by buying my spray tan machine and tent from another company then paying for training seperately from the company I actually want to train with! Maybe not as loyal as I should be but £100 is a lot of money xx

you can get custom-made tiny stamps from ebay. I have a tiny butterfly one i stamp on mine. they are costly around £15 a piece as they have to make them for you but mine has lasted well over a year! you can even have your company logo on it or name :) x

ok well I see them as this

customer- a valued person who has come into my salon. just the once or twice she might end up a client or might not

Client - a valued person who comes into my salon. Imight not see her every month or week but shes a client. she only ever comes to me for that particular treatment or treatments.

I dont see them as fickly really, well, maybe they are but some people in the marketing world are made to be loyal others are not.

my advise is to 100% and if they do go down the road then always make sure your door is open should they decide to return xxxx

you can get custom-made tiny stamps from ebay. I have a tiny butterfly one i stamp on mine. they are costly around £15 a piece as they have to make them for you but mine has lasted well over a year! you can even have your company logo on it or name :) x

Could you give us the details please? Or pm me? Mine are butterfly shaped on my loyalty cards so would be nice to have a butterfly stamp too :) x

Thanks for all the great advice guys!
Il prob do a loyalty scheme for my clients to encourage them they are getting rewards for thier loyalty.

Latest posts

Back