Some clients.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Some clients are really special, aren't they:rolleyes:

Last week or the week before (don't remember), sitting at my table, just having finished a service, my client and I were booking her next 3 appointments.

I had my Palm open so she could see too (electronic Agenda/PDA).
I clicked to jump 2 weeks from the same day and it landed on Dec 26th, Boxing Day.
I said, oh no, that day's no good, let's see what's next.
She says (all huffy) "well, why not?".
Right at the top of that day, in plain sight for her, in CAPITAL letters, it says "NO CLIENT HOLIDAY. SCHOOL HOLIDAY".
I calmly answered, because I took 3 days off at Christmas and my children are on holiday. Then she answers, huffy again "Well.. I dont see why you couldn't just fit in one client. What difference would it make?!"
.... I had to count in my head.. and breathe.
Told her "No, My hubby is taking his first vacation that week, in 6years. I am not working. I took Xmas eve, Xmas day and boxing day. That's the only vacation I took, aside from New Years. I'm very sorry, but I'm sure you understand that I want time with my family. Now let's look at the next day".
She was still annoyed... but realized I wasn't budging.

Client no#2
Phone rings. It's an irregular client. Wanted an appointment for the same week. I had only 2 spots open. I let her know.. She didn't like neither and says "why can't you ask one of your other clients to switch?":eek: (WHO IS she? The queen of england??????)

Client no#3
Yesterday. Client calls.. She NEVER books ahead, I'm forever urging her to book in advance, and she never does. I've been telling her since the end of October to book her Dec dates, and she didn't. She wants something for this week. Only 3 spots left. She says "umm oh well... I'll call back later to let you know". She is notorious for calling 2 days later.... with her decision..
30min later, my phone rings. Another client wants to move her appointment. So I moved her to 6pm last night - one of the 3 spots available.
The other client calls 1hr after that. Says she wants the 6pm slot. I said which one, she says "tonight". I said "I'm sorry, but that one is gone now".
All hyper she answers "well, I was just on the phone with you a min ago. How can it be gone?!". I answered "you and I were on the phone 1.5hrs ago, and a client has called since. I'm very sorry, but you didn't indicate which way you were leaning, and someone wanted the spot. I've asked you since October to book your Dec dates, it's crazy around here, you see?"
She was annoyed, but took another date. But she was still trying to make me nuts after that, asking to book her at a time that I NEVER do. And yet again, I had to explain "No, I never book anyone at that time because I have to make dinner for my family. Never at 4. Day shift ends at 4 and evening begins at 6. "

Some people
:rolleyes:

I will be SO GLAD when the holidays are over and I can breathe again
:lol:

nightmare aint they :lol:
i had one the other day saying are you busy this week ? i says yeh but i can squeeze you in on sat , she says no am having hair done , so then i say i have 1 slot for thurs eve and then she says yeh :green: 2 minutes later she txt back saying "oh i havent got enough money "
i am sure she wanted me to offer to do em for free !
err dont think so :rolleyes:

Some people seem to think the world revolves around them don't they!

Oh well it gives us something to moan about:)

people are craaaazzzzy at this time of year! I can't believe a client expected you to go in on boxing day, thats ridiculous.

But why do we feel the need to apologise and justify our time off? If they want something doing enough, they would make time to fit it in.

some people :irked:...they just think that were here for them...

dont they have a life cos we have ....trying to be a business...wife...and mother!!

you done well to stick to your guns victoria....others would have gave in xx

i don't know what to say

the cheek of some people :mad:

good for you Victoria by not letting them get their own way

I guess us in the beauty/nails industry are not allowed time off then!

Lol!! people are totally crazy this time of year, I dont know what happens to them!!

I to have had a request for an appointment on Boxing Day, I said I was closed, and she asked 'WHY?'..............hhhhmmmm why I wonder??? She was quite huffy about it but took another appointment instead, through gritted teeth!

I too have a life, and it is especially important to me to spend as much time as possible with my nearest and dearest over the festive period, so I have taken 3 days off from work!

xxxxxxxxxx:hug:

:eek: (WHO IS she? The queen of england??????)
It can't be because I do her nails. LOL

I wouldn't even tell them why I'm not working as it's none of their business. All they need to know is that you're not working on that day and when you are working.xxx

It can't be because I do her nails. LOL

I wouldn't even tell them why I'm not working as it's none of their business. All they need to know is that you're not working on that day and when you are working.xxx

I agree :!:

Oh btw does HRH call you Johnny's bird :?: lol xx

Some people just ain't happy unless they have something to moan about :irked:

Wishing you and your family a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year :hug:

Bloody cheek of em hey I had someone cancel because they wanted to go shopping with thier sister then get the hump because I completley booked every other time she wants. She tried (and tried) to persuade me to do her nails this sunday evening - NO CHANCE :lol:

Has to be pointed out here girles Every single one of these cheeky clients has still booked in even after they dont get what they want , you must be doing somthing right! :)

Ami

Victoria they really do take the p... don't they. I'm glad to hear you stuck to your guns and kept to your working hours.

There are some on here that wouldn't agree with my principles but the way I see it is, yes, ok, nails are my business and my passion BUT awkward/pushy clients who show no respect for me are not! So no, I will not be there at the beck and call of all clients . . . I have a life, like you. A family life which I love more than anything (yes even nails lol) and I'm not going to let my kids grow up and then look back and say "Mum was never there, she was always doing nails" . Yes, we have to work when it fits in (ie, for me, school hours and evenings) but when clients try to encroach on the rest of the time :smack: I am not a happy bunny and the crosser or pushier they become, the more determined I become not to budge.

Absolutely agree.

I almost feel bad for writing this as obviously clients are precious and pay my wages, but at the end of the day I do sometimes think they lose sight of what really is important in life.

Like when they demand certain appointment times because their leg wax is due in exactly 3 weeks time and if its gonna be a day or two late because of Xmas a wave of panic starts to show on their face!
Hello! what happened to good tidings to all men, women, nail techs, beauty therapists etc?????!!!!!!!

We have to remember we are worthy too!xxxxxxxxxxx:green:

I'm now booked solid 9am - 7/8pm every day, inc Sundays, till 31st Dec, except Christmas Day and Boxing day. I had a call from someone wanting an appointment for either 26th or 27th, so I tell her, sorry fully booked. She tried all ways, well what about 7am?!? What about 10pm, and I was like, no sorry, I've got no free time left. :rolleyes: "But I'm getting married on 29th!" WTF!!!!!!! :eek: Who leaves it till a week before their wedding to book their nails?!? In between xmas and new year!?!?!? Is she mad!

I used to bend over backwards for clients, but now I only work the hours that I state.

People really lose sight of what is normal behaviour and what is outrageous behaviour. Would they talk to a dentist like that? Would they talk to a doctor like that? Would they talk to a mechanic like that?

Victoria they really do take the p... don't they. I'm glad to hear you stuck to your guns and kept to your working hours.

There are some on here that wouldn't agree with my principles but the way I see it is, yes, ok, nails are my business and my passion BUT awkward/pushy clients who show no respect for me are not! So no, I will not be there at the beck and call of all clients . . . I have a life, like you. A family life which I love more than anything (yes even nails lol) and I'm not going to let my kids grow up and then look back and say "Mum was never there, she was always doing nails" . Yes, we have to work when it fits in (ie, for me, school hours and evenings) but when clients try to encroach on the rest of the time :smack: I am not a happy bunny and the crosser or pushier they become, the more determined I become not to budge.

EXACTLY!! my kids come first. And I'm tired of missing out lately.
Lately I've been so terribly busy, my eldest has missed out on having time with me because she's at school all day and I work in the evenings. By the time she gets home, it's time to make dinner, eat, do dishehs and whoops, Momma has to work.
In the new year, that is going to change. Some clients will fuss. Oh well. So be it. I need time with my family. I'm no longer going to work 6nights a week. I'm breaking it down to 4. The rest that don't fit, can come Saturday during the day. Ah well, too bad, so sad.

I chose this career initially to do something I love AND to stay home with my children, since I have up my very well paying career in the investment industry. There was too much demand on my time there and mega overtime.

Now that my name is getting out... and I've built a reputation... I'm busy.
And that's GREAT! Don't get me wrong.

I just do NOT appreciate clients getting snotty with me because I'm not their doormats or slaves.
Those ones, I usually wind up firing (at least, I have done so with 3 in the past). I'm my own boss for a reason. I don't have to put up with garbage. I have to say that 98% of my clientel are absolute dolls. The other 2% can be a pita...

Anyway, thanks for listening to me rant everyone.

MUCH APPRECIATED!

I'm now booked solid 9am - 7/8pm every day, inc Sundays, till 31st Dec, except Christmas Day and Boxing day. I had a call from someone wanting an appointment for either 26th or 27th, so I tell her, sorry fully booked. She tried all ways, well what about 7am?!? What about 10pm, and I was like, no sorry, I've got no free time left. :rolleyes: "But I'm getting married on 29th!" WTF!!!!!!! :eek: Who leaves it till a week before their wedding to book their nails?!? In between xmas and new year!?!?!? Is she mad!

I think she's just pullin a fast one to see if you will fit her in...

I give your number to a girl the other day that wanted booked in, not sure if she rang or not! You will probs knocked her back with you been full... She's from S/Shields but works with one of my mates, i didn't have any appointments so i suggested that she tried you with you been in her area, hope this is OK! :green:

x

I used to bend over backwards for clients, but now I only work the hours that I state.

People really lose sight of what is normal behaviour and what is outrageous behaviour. Would they talk to a dentist like that? Would they talk to a doctor like that? Would they talk to a mechanic like that?

I bend over backwards for my clients... hence been up this bloody early!

I have some one coming to my house at 7:30am for nails and then tan... then i am chocka till 9:30 tonight! Its a friend coming at 7:30 so i wont have to get out my PJ's... hehe...

This is me from the New Year! I have found it extremely hard to be gracious to clients who have messed me around last week and this week. I almost want to give it up and go and get another job!

But seriously.. how does a client demand an appointment on Boxing Day! I would sack them for even asking!

This is me from the New Year! I have found it extremely hard to be gracious to clients who have messed me around last week and this week. I almost want to give it up and go and get another job!

But seriously.. how does a client demand an appointment on Boxing Day! I would sack them for even asking!

I have had loads of people cancel... 'Im too skint' but they will ring up when payday has come and just expect to be done there and then...

I dont think some people realise that its our 'JOB' its whats payin the bills... I have had to refuse LOADS of people the past few weeks with me been busy and then loads has canceled, i am lucky that i have been able to fill the spaces up but it will have been me who was too skint if i couldn't!!

Latest posts

Back