Some companies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Hiya,
I just wanted to have a moan about some companies policy for their worker :mad: I did a ladys nails last week, She is a terrible nail biter who wants to have nice nails for her sisters wedding in march.
It took me over 2 hours to do her nails and i was very pleased with the end result. I was due to go back today to do her infills, But she came to see me and was very upset, The company she works for which is a well know supermarket told her she at to go home and remove them all, because it was against company policy to have enhancements on :| .
I personally think that this is stupid as she doesnt handle food at all.
Whats are other peoples views on this i would love to hear them ?

lesley1965 said:
The company she works for which is a well know supermarket told her she at to go home and remove them all, because it was against company policy to have enhancements on :| .
I personally think that this is stupid as she doesnt handle food at all.
Whats are other peoples views on this i would love to hear them ?

Surely if this was not stipulated in her contract of employement they can't force her to remove them and if not in the contract she should be entitled to the costs she has lost...depends on how strongly she feels about the issue..and if she has had them removed of course.. :|

I am very interested in this one as I have a couple of clients working also for a well known supermarket who are being told it is new company policy for "false nails" to be banned. I have asked them to ask why and maybe we can get some "official" line to debate this with them.

I can understand people being a bit iffy where food handling is concerned but what is wrong with gloves - people wearing enhancements and gloves should be no more of a problem than non enhancement wearers wearing gloves.

I think it is another case of people not understanding nail enhancements and also some poor workmanship where workers are having pingers right, left and centre.

I will watch this one with interest.

Hiya

Yes this is proving quite a problem, i have had a few clients that have been made remove their extensions. One of them only works on customer care the others on the tills in my local sainsburys, I really carnt understand the problem that they have.
If you consider the ammount of potential clients that we lose out on because of these rules its ridiculous.
I did speak to the branch manager and he didnt have an answer for me just "its company policy".

I can understand nurses and food handlers like deli and bakery ect but not the rest.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry to go on this just really annoys me!! (you might have guessed lol)

Little Angel said:
Hiya

My daughter works part-time for Sainsburys on the tills and she was told that she is not allowed to wear enamel or enhancements but she does, and nobody has said a word.... she says they don't even check. I suppose it depends on how strict the management are in each store.

Surely this is not justifyable at all. As others have said, it has no bearing on hygeine so this could well be a "human rights issue" which i suspect is actually illegal. Trade unions might have something to say on the matter.

Little Angel said:
Hiya

I can understand nurses and food handlers like deli and bakery ect but not the rest.

Sorry to go on this just really annoys me!! (you might have guessed lol)
Well funny you should mention nurses............I have a client who just happens to be a nurse. She's been coming to me for the past year and not once has there been a problem. She wears her Forever French beautifully and like I say............no problem.

Now another thing...........if I do a natural set of nails, nobody, not nobody (unless they are a fellow tek and have a jolly good look!) can tell they aren't her natural nails. Therefore, go to work in these supermarkets, but keep the nails natural........no dark colours and probably no p&w:sad: !

On the other hand ladies.........I totally agree with you........what's the problem........come on supermarkets give us a sound reason why your workers are unable to have lovely nails.

Adele

Well....

I work @ sainsburys bakery (a nail teks heaven, erm, not!), and I wear my enhnacements with nooo probs. People approvingly comment on them rather than ask me to remove them. My manager doesnt care, but he prob lets me off cos he knows how obsessed I am...and he also knows I wouldnt take them off if he asked!!

However when I went for my induction day before I started work there, the lady who took us (who happens to be my now boyfriend's mother!!!) told us that NO enamel or enhancements were to be worn, no matter what department you work on.

xxlayxx

In the case of my client i wasnt going to name the supermarket group, But for having such stupid rules against enhancements.
It was;tesco

Tesco's indeed, my best bud works for them, she comes regularly to have gel put on her natural nails to keep them strong and each week for a new airbrush design.

Not so long ago she was told her nails were not of a suitable nuteral colour, this rattled her cage some what as she does not work on the shop floor, just in the office parts really so she questioned it and was told company policy. this was a bad move as my mate does not accept stupid answers like this, so the very next day came to me for one of the most out rageous designs I could think of, since then each week if not twice per week she comes to have a new design and each time we try and make it brighter and more in your face.

No one not a soul has even dared to make a comment, I think they are worried what she may come in with on her nails if they say anything again. I am currently perfecting my Tesco design nails, thats the answer send them in with the company logo let them moan about that hey, lol. My mate is going to try it when i master it.

Grace x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back