Some happy news, one last piece of advice for the road?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's fine. Chill out.
Ok thanks so much. I’m gonna post again in 5 weeks. Don’t humor me anymore until then. I am definitely catastrophizing in my head 😂😂😂 I have been locked in my home for a year. I have been nowhere. Only reason I can cut my hair is because I was a hairdresser before my business closed due to pandemic but I’m def loopy!!!

Hi, everyone. Feel free to ignore me or get mad at me but I am looking for advice. I’m very depressed recently. It goes in and out. Last week my sister was in the hospital with covid and although everything is ok now I think I’m still anxious about the situations going on around me and I take it out on my nails and think about that. I can’t stop thinking that something is going to happen during this appointment where the tech won’t be able to give me a set or do anything at all! It’s driving me completely wild. I wish I could get a consultation beforehand so I can just prepare myself... it’s just I feel like this is the only thing that can help me from mutiliating them :( can I ask you all just honestly if your client had nails like these would you turn them away? Like what would you do if they wanted a set? Would it be a no? I’m getting very anxious thinking about it and I know it’s crazy but I guess it’s just i can’t take the anticipation :(

Attachments

• BF1B2E59-8CB2-4A4C-AC41-B0C400B2C1EE.jpeg
    BF1B2E59-8CB2-4A4C-AC41-B0C400B2C1EE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
  • 64DAF29B-F0F8-495A-8DF9-4034C36071DD.jpeg
    64DAF29B-F0F8-495A-8DF9-4034C36071DD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • 9E63DF48-559C-48A9-BE3E-127E2876E319.jpeg
    9E63DF48-559C-48A9-BE3E-127E2876E319.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
  • DA48FFA0-6199-47DB-B63F-B1E22D8EF35C.jpeg
    DA48FFA0-6199-47DB-B63F-B1E22D8EF35C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
Hi, everyone. Feel free to ignore me or get mad at me but I am looking for advice. I’m very depressed recently. It goes in and out. Last week my sister was in the hospital with covid and although everything is ok now I think I’m still anxious about the situations going on around me and I take it out on my nails and think about that. I can’t stop thinking that something is going to happen during this appointment where the tech won’t be able to give me a set or do anything at all! It’s driving me completely wild. I wish I could get a consultation beforehand so I can just prepare myself... it’s just I feel like this is the only thing that can help me from mutiliating them :( can I ask you all just honestly if your client had nails like these would you turn them away? Like what would you do if they wanted a set? Would it be a no? I’m getting very anxious thinking about it and I know it’s crazy but I guess it’s just i can’t take the anticipation :(
They are fine. Seriously, stop stressing about your nails.

Why would they turn you away? You're money in the bank, we're all skint and struggling to pay bills, no-one is turning clients away.

That said, I wouldn't put extensions on you, you have lovely natural nails, I'd be suggesting fortnightly manicures or Gel Polish, but hey the client is always right and if you want extensions then thats what you'll get.

Stop obsessing.

Thank you both. I am sorry for being such a pain in the ass. I know there's much more than nails going on here. You have to understand before the pandemic this was the one thing that made me happy. I have been through so much garbage (and I know EVERYONE HAS) throughout this pandemic that it has become somewhat of an unhealthy fixation. I just keep thinking I messed them up too bad with all the buffing and picking of the surface, and my tech is REALLY REALLY good. She did tell me no once when I had all those drill marks so I keep wondering with all the scratches from the metal cuticle picker and all the buffing if I messed up my little R&R time. Like idk if there's anything left for her to etch haha But it seems I am being ridiculous lol XD I really really need something stronger than manicures and gel polish because of the picking during stress. Only thing that ever helped was those extensions. I never picked off extensions. Not a single time. I am tired of stressful crap happening and then I burn my nail beds. It's just got to end.

<333 thank you all

Attachments

• C5D80DB8-E19B-4E90-B147-89249B48A4D0.jpeg
    C5D80DB8-E19B-4E90-B147-89249B48A4D0.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
None of my business I know, but as we have confirmed that your nails are in a healthy state, have you considered that anxiety or depression may be at the root of your worries?
Perhaps you have already talked to someone about it in the past? Could you source some help, life is very stressful with Covid all around us, it may be having a negative effect on other parts of your life?

Reach out to someone to talk about your anxieties (may be a friend, relative, GP, counsellor etc), it might help you to stop focussing on your nail condition and address your underlying thoughts.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information...problems/anxiety-and-panic-attacks/self-care/

None of my business I know, but as we have confirmed that your nails are in a healthy state, have you considered that anxiety or depression may be at the root of your worries?
Perhaps you have already talked to someone about it in the past? Could you source some help, life is very stressful with Covid all around us, it may be having a negative effect on other parts of your life?

Reach out to someone to talk about your anxieties (may be a friend, relative, GP, counsellor etc), it might help you to stop focussing on your nail condition and address your underlying thoughts.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information...problems/anxiety-and-panic-attacks/self-care/

Thank you. I know it comes from a good place. Yes I’m aware. It’s a combination of anxiety and depression for sure. I’ve been talking to an over the phone counselor.

Hi guys. I just want to ask. About two weeks ago when my sister was in the hospital was picking at my cuticles and cause a scuff with my fingernail so I went to buff it out with the 240 grit like a dumb idiot!! It hurt for days... burned something awful so bad I couldn’t sleep and then went away. But there’s still that little scratch and I notice like when I rub it with the cotton balls to remove the strengthener or kind of just touch it it’ll burn a little or just feel weird. My nails are long so even if I like itch my arm or pet my pets. It’s been over two weeks now and still hurts so I’m worried if maybe it’s a hole or something, idk :( like what can I do for this to ease the pain??

Hi guys. I just want to ask. About two weeks ago when my sister was in the hospital was picking at my cuticles and cause a scuff with my fingernail so I went to buff it out with the 240 grit like a dumb idiot!! It hurt for days... burned something awful so bad I couldn’t sleep and then went away. But there’s still that little scratch and I notice like when I rub it with the cotton balls to remove the strengthener or kind of just touch it it’ll burn a little or just feel weird. My nails are long so even if I like itch my arm or pet my pets. It’s been over two weeks now and still hurts so I’m worried if maybe it’s a hole or something, idk :( like what can I do for this to ease the pain??
Best advice is to leave them alone until they grow out.

Best advice is to leave them alone until they grow out.

Damn :( this may get in theway of my appointment in two weeks. I’m so worried 😭

Hey any idea why my nails are growing curled down on bottoms?

next Thursday is almost here... moment of truth sooo close 😭😭😭

Attachments

• C4BAD386-CF5F-43E9-977F-06F5F075B2C6.jpeg
    C4BAD386-CF5F-43E9-977F-06F5F075B2C6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
So many people saw the pic. LOL. No one knows? :p

I’m such a moron. I’m so depressed. 2 days before my appointment and I picked. Now I think it’s game over :,(

Attachments

• DE7ADDF5-E1D7-45E6-8828-ABE3C16F71A2.jpeg
    DE7ADDF5-E1D7-45E6-8828-ABE3C16F71A2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 47
I’m a fool!! Nails did!! I’m honestly soo happy I’m finally free, thank you all for tough love/love. I’ll never forget you!! You helped me through this tough time of confinement. It’s finally put to rest. Covid really causes depression and anxiety

Attachments

• C65AA9BF-6EB1-4414-BFC5-ADB00D03FDD9.jpeg
    C65AA9BF-6EB1-4414-BFC5-ADB00D03FDD9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • 188E7641-D2CB-4BA8-937D-ECBD6A591770.jpeg
    188E7641-D2CB-4BA8-937D-ECBD6A591770.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Want to show the color better, very beautifully done and I will be going every 3 weeks to maintain :)

She never did acrylics on me so told me to contact her if it lifts as this is the first time. She usually did uv gel in the past but I’m on a budget lol... but tbh now that I’m free, doesn’t really matter because I know I can go.. lol there’s no uncertainty. 😀😀😀

Attachments

• A6168EC1-9678-4B05-8E52-A90A1D054A4B.jpeg
    A6168EC1-9678-4B05-8E52-A90A1D054A4B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • E480C8EB-EA84-4BB8-9C34-748118357CD1.jpeg
    E480C8EB-EA84-4BB8-9C34-748118357CD1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • E6E54463-6CC3-4D9A-BDE8-179C75FA139B.jpeg
    E6E54463-6CC3-4D9A-BDE8-179C75FA139B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back