Some happy news, one last piece of advice for the road?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitaBread

Reaction score
Ok, so I know I said I wanted to delete my account but I have some happy news I wanted to share because you have all been so wonderful. My hub who is a teacher in NY qualified to get vaccinated today and me too having underlying conditions in NJ. I will be able to go to salons again in 6 short weeks, and the panic attacks are going to subside so much now. I feel like I am gonna cry.

Admittedly, I beat up my hands just a little because in the process of reaching this eligibility we found out my hub's dad had COVID. He is a frontline worker and we spent most of last week in tears... all to find it was a false positive rapid test piece of crap. But you can see some cuticle damage on the middle and thumb nail. I plan to get my hard gels or acrylics put back on in 6 weeks, so this is about to all be put behind me soon. The habit will end, inevitably.

I just wanted to ask you all if you think my nails will hold up with them cause I trust y'all, or if you would say NOOO WAIT. LOL There are some minor scratches too. I def mutilated them a bit but they're not peeling or breaking. Thanks everyone. Sincerely. Things are looking up and I hope it is the same with you. :)

Attachments

• 68ABF1F6-2002-4892-AF1C-0B65444D7596.jpeg
    68ABF1F6-2002-4892-AF1C-0B65444D7596.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
  • 0B8AD8D4-E32A-4C29-981D-5F6E30968E08.jpeg
    0B8AD8D4-E32A-4C29-981D-5F6E30968E08.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
I had my heart set on this:

Attachments

• 3FEE00A6-E892-461C-9B39-802406E5C49E.jpeg
    3FEE00A6-E892-461C-9B39-802406E5C49E.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 46
Anyone? ***crickets*** LOL :O

Looking at the photos, I would say there are some thin areas on your nails so it might be of benefit to you to wait a couple of months to get your natural nails in as good a strength as possible. While they are growing out you could just wear normal polish or a hybrid gel polish (such as CND Shellac) where there is no buffing required.

Looking at the photos, I would say there are some thin areas on your nails so it might be of benefit to you to wait a couple of months to get your natural nails in as good a strength as possible. While they are growing out you could just wear normal polish or a hybrid gel polish (such as CND Shellac) where there is no buffing required.

Thanks. My nail tech was telling me she can do them but they may lift a little at first until they get stronger and I was not sure if that was the soundest advice.

So glad you decided to come back and interactwith us! How did the foot heal? Also, glad to hear you are in line for the vaccine you’ve been anxiously waiting for. I was a bit worried when I didn’t hear from you and your whirlwind nail sagas. Crazy but refreshing, too. 🤪🥰

The darker pink on your nails are the thinner parts of the nail plate. The blood supply under the nail plate shows through more. So, you have areas nearer to the free edge that may grow out in 6 weeks. DO NOT buff your nails for ANY reason.
Apply your SolarOil daily and rub in well.

So glad you decided to come back and interactwith us! How did the foot heal? Also, glad to hear you are in line for the vaccine you’ve been anxiously waiting for. I was a bit worried when I didn’t hear from you and your whirlwind nail sagas. Crazy but refreshing, too. 🤪🥰

The darker pink on your nails are the thinner parts of the nail plate. The blood supply under the nail plate shows through more. So, you have areas nearer to the free edge that may grow out in 6 weeks. DO NOT buff your nails for ANY reason.
Apply your SolarOil daily and rub in well.

lol, I am glad that I have brought some joy! Haha 😂 ❤ Yes, I got my first dose actually yesterday and will be getting the second dose feb 21 so technically it’s 7 weeks until I can be free. My FIL and MIL almost went but their appointments got cancelled the end of the week!! All because they didn’t want to schedule it on MIL’s bday.. the woman drives me insane sometimes. Can’t wait to stop worrying and have everyone vaccinated. By 7 weeks if I can just control myself I guess by then I’ll have a lot of new nail and I need to stop fussing with them. Just want this cover this up to stop my crazy anxious habit. Not for the looks of it to be honest. If they can make acrylic paper bags I would be delighted. Hell, even if it lifts every week and I got to go back idc lol I just need something to beat the habit. It hurts!!

And thanks for educating me, yes that makes sense. I’m not gonna touch them one bit. I’ve actually put on gloves around the house so I don’t look. Just a little longer. I need to find better anxious habits lol

ohhh and as far as my foot I went to doctor last week after 3 weeks of injury. Sadly I can’t remove the boot yet! Hopefully that’s better in 7 weeks too. I’m counting down. I haven’t been outside. So hard with underlying conditions. Like I miss Costco it’s so bad. Going to the doctor for the foot was actually refreshing!! Lmao

Just out of curiosity, because when I go back I want to make sure I have the best nail tech to begin healthy, is it unusual she was willing to do the tips anyway? Like would you guys turn away a client like this? I would like to know so I can do some serious research to find a great tech. If you would, how do I find the best tech

Just file, no pick. :) let’s see if they’re in acrylic condition in 6 weeks now and counting ohhh please oh please

Attachments

• 4CCA9841-CF69-4326-A404-C555C0EA653E.jpeg
    4CCA9841-CF69-4326-A404-C555C0EA653E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • B38F08F4-0671-4D82-927D-A20F49632199.jpeg
    B38F08F4-0671-4D82-927D-A20F49632199.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
You guys sure you’re seeing this? I took your advice and sent the images to a few other nail techs with phenomenal reviews in great places and they’re telling me they can do them and they look great. Idk I am so confused 😭😭😭 5 more weeks to make a decision. Like I think they think I’m crazy even asking

Attachments

• 8D2E89DE-2000-4144-94E6-9A51775F5FA2.jpeg
    8D2E89DE-2000-4144-94E6-9A51775F5FA2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • 2106765A-8A18-4047-854E-2E5FDADD70B3.jpeg
    2106765A-8A18-4047-854E-2E5FDADD70B3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Ask 10 people you'll get 10 opinions 🤷‍♀️

Why are you asking us if they've said yes? Why are you questioning them? And why bother asking their opinion if you're just going to ignore them or doubt it?

Ask 10 people you'll get 10 opinions 🤷‍♀️

Why are you asking us if they've said yes? Why are you questioning them? And why bother asking their opinion if you're just going to ignore them or doubt it?

Idk I feel it’s too good to be true. I’ve been through hell this entire year and nothing positive has really happened so I feel this tiny thing shouldn’t be going my way. I know that sounds ridiculous.

You are just crazy obsessive!🤪 But, if you feel like acrylic nails will be the boost you need and your raison d'etre, then pick someone and do it! You have certainly been overwhelmed, like many of us, during this unrelenting pandemic. Just do it, they're only fingernails and I personally feel that you will finally be more content with your situation.

If you do decide to go, let us see the results and your smiles.

Aside from that, anyone with such beautiful natural nails is the envy of ones with poor nails. 🤤

You are just crazy obsessive!🤪 But, if you feel like acrylic nails will be the boost you need and your raison d'etre, then pick someone and do it! You have certainly been overwhelmed, like many of us, during this unrelenting pandemic. Just do it, they're only fingernails and I personally feel that you will finally be more content with your situation.

If you do decide to go, let us see the results and your smiles.

Aside from that, anyone with such beautiful natural nails is the envy of ones with poor nails. 🤤

I am going to do it. I get my second dose feb 18 so I made my appointment March 6. This week was hard because my sis was diagnosed with COVID and was having pneumonia like symptoms ugggh but she turned around, I really can just use a win. And I know it prob is dumb but I fear that the nail tech will look at my nails, drop her jaw, and be like nope out lol I mean idc if I have to fill them every damn week but I just need this one win!! Lol they’re a little scratched up but hopefully hopefully she says ok when I get there and if it’s more maintenance I am so down for that cause I can actually leave my house now. If all goes according to plan that day I will send many many pics but I promise tonever complain again because I can always just go to the salon to get services. No more doing it myself or worrying about my next appointments

Hi, everyone. As I wait for my appointment I have been painting my own nails but I noticed something weird. Whenever I take off the nail polish my nails get these little white scratchy patches all over them. As soon as I wash my hands they are gone and I shower and nothing shows up. Nothing ever shows up besides when I use nail polish remover. Is there a reason for this? Am I allergic

No you're not allergic, Christ woman you're always looking for problems and drama 🤪

It's acetone, it's a dehydrator and leaves a chalky residue, as soon as you wash your hands you wash it off and after a while the natural oils return and the marks disappear

No you're not allergic, Christ woman you're always looking for problems and drama 🤪

It's acetone, it's a dehydrator and leaves a chalky residue, as soon as you wash your hands you wash it off and after a while the natural oils return and the marks disappear
So this is normal lol for all nails??? I’m so afraid of this appointment haha it’s just never happened before but maybe that’s because my nails still had some hard gel residue and now they don’t. Haha keep thinking it was hidden damage

Yes it's normal, everyone gets it

This extent is completely normal? I just want to make sure

Attachments

• 4CAD89C0-61EF-4852-BA39-52A95AD387EA.jpeg
    4CAD89C0-61EF-4852-BA39-52A95AD387EA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • 19EC7F8F-8C05-41AC-AEE8-45C22E1C69D5.jpeg
    19EC7F8F-8C05-41AC-AEE8-45C22E1C69D5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47

Latest posts

Back