Some spray tan questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGordon91

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a few wee questions about spray tan.
What's the normal amount of ML you use per person? I'm sure I read some people use normally 40/50 per person ? Is that right ? I know I'll use more to begin with so would just like to know in advance what I should be aiming towards.
What is the most popular percentage you use ? I've not settled on a brand at the moment. I have a few samples to see which is better although I did get a good amount of tan solution with my kit so I'll be sure to use that first.
Do you do many spray tan parties ? Is it worth it ? I have bought a machine that can handle 10+ tans as a long term investment.
How long did it take you to get used to your machine ?
I'm nervous and excited about all of this and my poor mammy is my guineapig once I've finished my training haha.

What's the normal amount of ML you use per person? I'm sure I read some people use normally 40/50 per person ? Is that right ? I know I'll use more to begin with so would just like to know in advance what I should be aiming towards.
What is the most popular percentage you use ? I've not settled on a brand at the moment. I have a few samples to see which is better although I did get a good amount of tan solution with my kit so I'll be sure to use that first.
Do you do many spray tan parties ? Is it worth it ? I have bought a machine that can handle 10+ tans as a long term investment.
I'm nervous and excited about all of this and my poor mammy is my guineapig once I've finished my training haha.
You have basically answered your own question very well :Grope:

Dont get nervous..just relax,remember your training,trust in yourself..learn by your mistakes..which you will make...and once you've gotten the hang of things then release your mammy from her juties :eek::lol::lol:

You have basically answered your own question very well :Grope:

Dont get nervous..just relax,remember your training,trust in yourself..learn by your mistakes..which you will make...and once you've gotten the hang of things then release your mammy from her juties :eek::lol::lol:

Haha! I just thought I'd make sure. I've spent ages trawling through here using search bar thing so and just like double check.

I'm still not sure what percentages of tan to order in afterwards? Like is it best getting a selection for fair to medium skin tone one (8/9% company dependant) a medium to dark skin tone (10% roughly) and a darker tone (12.5%) or just two of the lighter one or buy all three and cover myself kinda thing ?

I will try! It's not just my mum, my whole family want a spray tan. It's just unfortunate my training isn't this week as we have a family event but mines isn't till next week. But they've been roped in anyway whether they want to or not. I know I'll make mistakes so I can't think of anyone better to do it on than my family 😂!

Haha! I just thought I'd make sure. I've spent ages trawling through here using search bar thing so and just like double check.

I'm still not sure what percentages of tan to order in afterwards? Like is it best getting a selection for fair to medium skin tone one (8/9% company dependant) a medium to dark skin tone (10% roughly) and a darker tone (12.5%) or just two of the lighter one or buy all three and cover myself kinda thing ?

I will try! It's not just my mum, my whole family want a spray tan. It's just unfortunate my training isn't this week as we have a family event but mines isn't till next week. But they've been roped in anyway whether they want to or not. I know I'll make mistakes so I can't think of anyone better to do it on than my family 😂!

well i wouldn't get ahead of yourself just yet...keep your spend down till your ready to rock n roll and earn money so get just one percentage,...given your a newbie go for an 8% while you practice ...get the hang of things and then look to get a wider selection ...8, 10, 12+

HTH and good luck :hug:

TBY I do sympathies with your poor old mammie while your training :eek::lol::lol::hug:

well i wouldn't get ahead of yourself just yet...keep your spend down till your ready to rock n roll and earn money so get just one percentage,...given your a newbie go for an 8% while you practice ...get the hang of things and then look to get a wider selection ...8, 10, 12+

HTH and good luck :hug:

TBY I do sympathies with your poor old mammie while your training :eek::lol::lol::hug:

Haha! I have a habit of that and money burms a hole in my pocket when I have it lol. I got a catalogue and samples in today and I'm oh that one and that one and one of those lol! I have suntana solution so I'll use all of that and any samples I get and just charge enough to cover my costs and then buy in like you said a percentage at a time. My family are all fair skinned so one percentage would suit all (even if it doesn't tough cookies!)

Hahaha! I'll let her know someone has sympathy for her. I think if I feel sorry for anyone it's my other half he has to listen to me talk all about the stuff I do so far and what I want to do surprised he doesn't stuff his ears with cotton wool or toilet roll or something 😂😂😂!

Haha! I have a habit of that and money burms a hole in my pocket when I have it lol. I got a catalogue and samples in today and I'm oh that one and that one and one of those lol! I have suntana solution so I'll use all of that and any samples I get and just charge enough to cover my costs and then buy in like you said a percentage at a time. My family are all fair skinned so one percentage would suit all (even if it doesn't tough cookies!)

Hahaha! I'll let her know someone has sympathy for her. I think if I feel sorry for anyone it's my other half he has to listen to me talk all about the stuff I do so far and what I want to do surprised he doesn't stuff his ears with cotton wool or toilet roll or something 😂😂😂!

Well you ladies suffer once a month....us poor guys have to suffer all month long ...the hell you girls put us through ...if only you knew :eek::lol::lol::hug:

Just take small steps...its a new venture and you have laid out your much earned hard cash to get a new business of the ground.

Practice practice..learn by the mistakes and don't let them get the better of you (poor old mammie lol)

It does seem you are looking at and approaching things in the right way...so chin chin and hopefully ching ching if all goes well :hug:

Ah great question I was wondering the same thing and mother bear has been practised on a couple of friends! I get nervous too but trying to just relax and get on with it! I'm using more than 50ml at the moment and finding there needs to be at least 100ml in machine for it to work.

I use Nouvatan, the colour is amazing and their customer service is great. When I placed my first order I was unsure on what % to go for, they explained that if I bought a 8% and 12% I could make a 10% from it which means it was less initial outlay and I have 3 shades to choose from! :)

Well you ladies suffer once a month....us poor guys have to suffer all month long ...the hell you girls put us through ...if only you knew :eek::lol::lol::hug:

Just take small steps...its a new venture and you have laid out your much earned hard cash to get a new business of the ground.

Practice practice..learn by the mistakes and don't let them get the better of you (poor old mammie lol)

It does seem you are looking at and approaching things in the right way...so chin chin and hopefully ching ching if all goes well :hug:

Hahaha Collin :lol: I'm not that bad. I put up with bike stuff! 😩

Yeah. I know I'm best not to run before walking. I've been watching videos and reading on here.

Lol. I will practise a lot. I'll order in solution or buy some samples in and rate them and choose which I want then buy in solutions (I'll have hopefully saved enough to buy one or two by then to give me a small selection then keep adding!) it's not just my mum. When I finished my nail diploma I got asked "when are you doing spray tan" off friends and other members of family! I don't live with my mum so she can travel over and my friend gets her spray tan done on a weekly basis so she'll be another guineapig! Oh my guineapig list is long so they better all be nice to me 😈😈 hahaha

Haha. I hope so. Just know it's best to pick the ideas of the experts lol. Oh I like the idea of that. Pennies in the pocket would be nice lol!

Ah great question I was wondering the same thing and mother bear has been practised on a couple of friends! I get nervous too but trying to just relax and get on with it! I'm using more than 50ml at the moment and finding there needs to be at least 100ml in machine for it to work.

it takes time so dont let it get to you ....keep at it and as your confidence builds and you begin to get trust in your technique,machine and that the solution you are using will actually tan the skin the best way to reduce the amount of solution used is to

1) after each tan application turn your output valve down a quarter turn ....when you see that the tan turns out well with less solution used then you will get more encouragement to turn that dial down a further quarter turn for the next tan application

2) by going in closer to the skin you will generally use less solution but again do this in small steps ...move slightly closer each time until your no more than about 18 inches from the skin.This will also reduce the amount of over spray...resulting in less solution used for each application

Trust the solution to do its job...don't try and paint the skin brown on application

trust in yourself and the solution :hug:

What machine do you have ? I haven't used my machine yet so I'm not sure about needing a certain amount of solution but maybe if you let us know what sort of machine you have maybe some of the more experienced tanners will let you know :)

They say the amount of solution you use goes down the more experienced and confident you are with it, so practise makes perfect for us! X

Hahaha Collin :lol: I'm not that bad. I put up with bike stuff! 😩

Haha. I hope so. Just know it's best to pick the ideas of the experts lol.

Oh I like the idea of that. Pennies in the pocket would be nice lol!

OK fair doe's missus on the bike stuff :Grope:

Advice from experts is always useful.....maybe one will come along soon for you :eek::lol::lol:

OK fair doe's missus on the bike stuff :Grope:

Advice from experts is always useful.....maybe one will come along soon for you :eek::lol::lol:

Haha! See! He has told me I've not to get him a ring if we get engaged just another bike! 😂 :lol:

Hehehe! I think I might be waiting a while then :eek: 😂😂

What machine do you have ? I haven't used my machine yet so I'm not sure about needing a certain amount of solution but maybe if you let us know what sort of machine you have maybe some of the more experienced tanners will let you know :)

They say the amount of solution you use goes down the more experienced and confident you are with it, so practise makes perfect for us! X

Hi it's a PRO85 I bought the Tantruth kit. Yeah they said that at the training the more ya do the less ya use - not at that stage yet! Lol but it does seem to require min 100 ml for the suction to work in it?! Are you finding that?

Haha! See! He has told me I've not to get him a ring if we get engaged just another bike! 😂 :lol:

sounds like a switched on kind of guy in my opinion ...dont expect the bike back if it all goes pear shaped though wont you :eek::lol::lol:

Hi it's a PRO85 I bought the Tantruth kit. Yeah they said that at the training the more ya do the less ya use - not at that stage yet! Lol but it does seem to require min 100 ml for the suction to work in it?! Are you finding that?

Ah. I have a different machine from you. I have the maximist lite machine. And like I said I haven't even took it out of the box yet 😁 but maybe if someone comes across my thread they might be able to help you 😃 x

Latest posts

Back