Somedays I just want to give up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
I opened my beauty salon in november. It was slow starting as expected, we've run a groupon deal and that's boosted out work, we're also getting alot more repeat customers and new customers also.

But today I've woken up wishing I could hack it all in, and go back to being a sham. I've jut sent my daughter screaming out the grit door, my house is a state, I'm tired, I'm skint (still not taking a wage) I am just fed up of working 7 days a week. I'm getting grief at work for every petty thing (from the staff I employ)

Oops hit send to soon!

I don't think they realise just what goes into building a salon!

I've got to in today because so
Rome booked me in for massages but it is my official day off. They couldn't book it on the computer as I'm not scheduled to work yet it was still booked in. I think I'll have to get tough this week. I said I will not work on my day off for groupon - we have availability on the other 6 days.

I know it's Monday morning blues, I just need a slap!

I've jt realised I haven't offered a constructive post or anything so I better stop.

Anyone out there feel the same sometimes?

You poor thing you sound like your having a right time of it honey!!!

don't give up after your hardwork, you nned to sort your staff out, can you not put promotions on and maybe do an open afternoon/ evening promoting a certan treatment or various and have therapists doing demos of treatments that you offer offer discounts on bookings taken on the day or I know some salons do a demo evening once every couple of months and pick a treatment to push and do promotions on!

Good luck

Leela
Sunless Solutions

at times your breakthrough comes when you feel it time to give up.
feel sorry for you but dont give up just yet.

It will get easier as time goes on. I've been in the exact same position before but trust me it does get better. Once you get the right staff that have the same goals as yourself they will work with you to build a successful business. Sometimes you need to take a step back and let them make some decisions on their own without asking you for advice every two minutes.
Try even taking a few hours to start with where you leave them in the salon while you nip out to the shops and build up your time off from there. Hope this helps.

I'm having the same today. I don't have a salon but I rent a room and I get really fed up of doing everything myself and having to work long hours just to fit in clients. Sometimes I feel like quitting but I've put so much into my little business I don't want to throw it all away. Sometimes I wish I had a 9 to 5 tho!! Xx

Aww hun, and all whilst not taking a wage- I can see ur flustration BUT as the others said-keep at it, your clearly doing really well, one day (soon) your hard work will pay off, then u need to dictate what hours u want to work-give ur self a rest-after all u are the boss/owner.

I do 2 part time jobs and I am mobile n I really want to quit (one of them haha) I am like u, struggling to fit my house let alone a life into my diary. I am just looking forward to handing my notice in 1 day, even tho I'd love a 9-5 mon-fri, I could cope easier if I had a I had a late start/late finish, and a day off ot two.

I think we try to do way too much, and it comes to a point where something has to give be nice if u could get some help around the house give urself a bit of a break xx,

Thanks everyone.

I went in did my massages that I ha booked in then left. I am really rundown and spent the afternoon with my littlest on the beach in the sun and then got an ice cream.

Im going back tomorow with a new attitude :)

X

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I went in did my massages that I ha booked in then left. I am really rundown and spent the afternoon with my littlest on the. Each in the sun and them got an ice cream.

Im going back tomorow with a new attitude :)

X

Good for you hope you enjoyed the break (what there was of a break). Tomorrow is another day and they will get better. Good luck. X

I hope you are ok. We all have days like that but you sound like a very hard worker, so I am sure it will pay off in the end xx

Whenever I feel really down/fed up or just generally miserable my fella asks me "if you could change one thing what would it be?" It really focuses my thoughts which invariably turns me onto thinking about solutions. Try it hon it'll help you realise what it is you want to work on xxx

Latest posts

Back