Someone calling about editing Facebook page details...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Bit of a strange one here...

Myself & a few others have had phone calls today by someone saying they can edit the info page on our facebook pages. The links have been found via the facebook thread.

My facebook friends & I have had a play about at editing details but it doesn't look like they are being saved.

Is this just another glitch of facebook's to be on the lookout for?

yea we had this phone call aswell , very strange, surley the guy hasnt rang everyone ??

it seems the just be the info bit , like address opening times etc... maybe its so people can add info about businesses that arnt on FB? but like you say it doesnt seem to save it

Maybe it's a scam? Seems odd that this guy has been cold calling you.

I had the same call... Think we have a SG troll...

yep, same call. checked my pages and all seemed fine. checked my pages from my staff login too, and all fine.

I think what the "caller" may be referring to is the Facebook Places Editor. (search for places editor in Facebook)

Any user can make/suggest edits however I think it needs to be "accepted" by Facebook otherwise competitors would just be amending rival business telephone numbers to their own! lol

Heres a link to more info about Facebook Places Editor

Inside Facebook · Facebook Asks Users to Clean Up Its Location Database with Places Editor and Favorite Places

My initial thought is that some disturbed people are trying to take advantage of local businesses! If I get a call i might just hear them out and see what they suggest....or how much they ask for to ensure my business data is correct lol.....then report them!!!

When I set up a Facebook page I kept logging into my mums account just to see how it looked from another users view and no matter how much I played with the settings I could always change the info page so ended up deleting it and setting up a profile page xx

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back