Someone creating a blog about me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Good morning Geeks

I had a private message sent to me on Twitter last night from one of the pubs local to me. The message simply said "Someone is making a horrible blog about you " with a link attached. The link won't work and I have sat and googled both mine and the business' name to see what comes up but can't seem to find anything.

I have messaged them back asking what they have read explaining that I can't seem to get the link to work and am waiting for a reply.

Im absolutely devastated as to what it could be though. Thinking about calling the pub and asking to speak to whoever mailed me.

Our little town is really closely knit but also a tourist town and I'm really worried. I can't think of a person that has left me feeling unhappy, majority of my clients return and I feel I have a good relationship with all my clients. I'm so confused and upset.

What would you do?

Zooks
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's a virus don't worry about it, it's been doing the rounds for ages! Although now you have clicked the link you may want to change your password as you will be sending those tweets out

I've had this on twitter also I thought it's trolls as the link never worked either. But someone told me to be careful as it could be a virus or people trying to get your twitter acc info x

This is a scam... If you click on link it allows access to your password etc..
Change your password asap x

Never open links like this, ever!

It's spam, no one is writing a blog about you, circulating nasty pictures or spreading rumors about you. You might want to update your antivirus though.

Always check out websites like snopes, hoax slayer etc before opening any messages or mail like this so you don't get sucked in again x

I had this last week. I contacted the person who the message had supposedly come from to let them know they'd been hacked then I deleted the message. It's nothing personal at all.

There's also ones saying there is a video about you etc etc. Don't panic :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've had loads of these different messages on my business account and guessed they were viruses so just deleted them xx

Good morning Geeks

I had a private message sent to me on Twitter last night from one of the pubs local to me. The message simply said "Someone is making a horrible blog about you " with a link attached. The link won't work and I have sat and googled both mine and the business' name to see what comes up but can't seem to find anything.

I have messaged them back asking what they have read explaining that I can't seem to get the link to work and am waiting for a reply.

Im absolutely devastated as to what it could be though. Thinking about calling the pub and asking to speak to whoever mailed me.

Our little town is really closely knit but also a tourist town and I'm really worried. I can't think of a person that has left me feeling unhappy, majority of my clients return and I feel I have a good relationship with all my clients. I'm so confused and upset.

What would you do?

Zooks
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is this a joke? I think you must be an Internet troll!

Zooks is no troll. How rude!
Have you seen how many posts Zooks has posted?

Is this a joke? I think you must be an Internet troll!

Aaaaaaaaand here we go....

There's always someone that comes along and ruins it!

Ignore it zooks hun!!! ;) yes it is a virus, no need to worry xxx

To be fair, if the OP hasn't realised how many posts Zooks has due to perhaps using a different section of the forum more often then I can see why she thought it might have been a joke. I did actually laugh out loud when I read the post as I found it hard to believe somebody could actually fall for one of those silly spam/scam messages.

To be fair, if the OP hasn't realised how many posts Zooks has due to perhaps using a different section of the forum more often then I can see why she thought it might have been a joke. I did actually laugh out loud when I read the post as I found it hard to believe somebody could actually fall for one of those silly spam/scam messages.
And yet lots of people do...

If the OP of the troll post wasn't sure, surely she could've taken a look at the amount of posts?

Anyway, I'm sure we're far off the original intention of the thread, so it's for the best that we get back on track...

I hadn't actually heard of this particular scam. I'm sorry you were alarmed, Zooks, but I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I'm pretty sure it's a virus too - as I received similar messages via Twitter - but have never clicked on the links, as I figured it would probably be a virus or other malware.

Thankyou to the ladies that have now put my mind at ease, I have changed my password swiftly!

I am usually so careful with links like that and I like to think I am pretty switched on, I've always liked to think I'd not fall for this but given that I have been on twitter less than 4 months I think I can be let off. I am only human AND I have no idea why I am justifying myself to you. Shame on those of you who think I'm stupid for believing this, let's hope something similar doesn't happen to you or if it does that you think it's a troll and it's not.

To the person who accused me of being a troll I am amused and confused, why would a troll post something such as this? Ridiculous.

I can sleep easy now thought thankyou Kind Geeks for putting my mind at ease and if anything let's hope I've stopped someone else falling for it.

Last edited:
To those who accused me of being a troll I am amused and confused, why would a troll post something such as this.

I agree; I just hope that it was a genuine mistake that someone called you a troll, as it really wouldn't be very nice at all otherwise.

I think it was a typo. I have often typed "U" by mistake. Perhaps a little PM would sort this out xx

I think it was a typo. I have often typed "U" by mistake. Perhaps a little PM would sort this out xx

If only. It certainly doesn't look that way to all of us. No typo. Just lack of thinking prior to typing.

I find your comment extremely rude.

I hope no one laughs at you when you next ask for advice.

Its not a scam that i have come across or heard about so thank you Zooks for bring it to our attention x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

I've never come across this type of scam either. thank you for bringing it to our attention. :hug:

Latest posts

Back