Someone else's work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey1969

Reaction score
A client wants to use someone else for a repair because I cant get her in till her appointment Thursday (today is Sunday) she wanted it done today and tbh I wasn't prepared to open up as I already do very long hours as it is.

I have informed her if she goes somewhere else I wouldnt do an infil on that nail but I also haven't got time to soak it off Thursday. I have asked her if she can wait till then but I think she's had it done. She's just messaged me asking if I wanted to cancel her appointments now cause I wont infill another tech's work. Whats your thoughts about infils on others work.

Aclienr wants to use someone else for a repair because i cant get her in till her appointment Thursday (today is Sunday) she wanted it done today and tbh i wasn't prepared to open up as i already do very long hrs as it is. I have informed her if she goes somewhere else i wouldnt do an infil on that nail but i also haven't got time to soak it off Thursday. I have asked her if she can wait till then but i think shes had it done. Shes just messaged me asking if i wanted to cancel her appointments now cause i wont infil on other techs work. Whats your thoughts about infils on others work.
I don't remove or infill anyone else's work either however in this case I would if it's only the one repair.
If my nail tech couldn't fit me in and I needed a repair I'd consider going elsewhere to have it done too. Usually my clients can wait but if it needed done as they had plans/a party etc then I'd fit them in

For one nail, I would have done it. :) Why risk losing a client over one nail?

She wanted it done today and i was busy today as this was my only day off.

She wanted it done today and i was busy today as this was my only day off.
I think you're right but I'd still do her infill for her.

I have tokd her she will have to have a full colour cause she has young nails pink acrylic on cause she loves it so if they dont match it up ot will have to be a full colour cause im really busy and working back to back before i go away.

It only takes minutes to file down one nail

I'll infill anybody's work as long as it's nice and tight on the nail and no obvious problems.

It's your choice to tell your client you won't infill a nail that has been repaired elsewhere.
It's also your choice to tell your client she has to have a complete colour change.
If you were your client, would you be happy to come back to you or would you start looking for someone new?

Shes in Thursday for infils but the real reason is she thought if i opened Sunday i would do the infils as well. The nail hasnt gone green it looks like shes had a curry and gone slightly discoloured. She puts her own gel polish on because she wont pay for another colour but she puts it on the growth area as well so its abit of a pain to fetch off.

We will see if she turns up on Thursday because i did recommend my friend who lives round the corner from her who uses the same products as me whos work is very good but she cancelled the appointment with my friend.

Latest posts

Back