Someone give me a shake!... CND dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinkyboots33

Reaction score
.... IM DRIVING MYSELF CRAZZZZZY!!!

Im booked in to do the l&p at the end of the month as Id like to do them, shellac and minx :lol: but..... Im now wondering whether I should also offer gel and mani/pedicures? I was planning on doing gel and I hate feet but should I do the "complete course" you get a better qualification but also I dont want to be a jack of all trades and master of none :eek: ARRGGHH..... SEE! My head is spinning :rolleyes: AND.... its an extra £1k to find! AND.... there could be childcare issues..

sorry to go on ladies but I just dont know what to do?

just concentrate on l&p then go onto shellac etc... :rolleyes:

if you can afford to do the lot and are passionate and want to do it as a career then GO FOR IT!!!!

but if your not sure then do it a bit at a time........if your like the rest of us once you start you wont be able to stop and you couldnt have chosen a better company to go with!!

good luck with whatever you decide xx

You need to take a step back and figure out what it is you're trying to achieve and what this trade you're trying to get into involves to become successful. You're thoughts are all muddled up and you're making it more complicated than it really is. To avoid being a jack of all trades but master of none, concentrate on and master one thing at a time. You're going for the l&p course soon. Focus only on that for now. Take the course and master THAT skill. Then worry about where to go from there after you're confident enough that you can turn out a good set of l&p.
As for your hatred of feet, that's on you whether you want to offer pedis or toe enhancements of any sort, but there's nothing wrong with learning how to do it if it's part of the course. You can never learn too much, but you can learn too little. In my opinion, it would be worth doing because it's very profitable in the summer months, especially if you're planning on offering minx and shellac. (Rockstar toes, minx toes, bridal pedis, ect) In every career or job, there's going to be something that's our favourite and something that's not so fun to do. If we focus only on what we don't like, we miss out on the big picture that overall we're doing what we love. :) good luck on your upcoming course and whatever it is you choose to do next.

if you can afford to do the lot and are passionate and want to do it as a career then GO FOR IT!!!!

but if your not sure then do it a bit at a time........if your like the rest of us once you start you wont be able to stop and you couldnt have chosen a better company to go with!!

good luck with whatever you decide xx

I cant really afford to spend £1k but I will....lol.... you gotta spend money to make it, right? Im 100% sure that I want to be a GOOD nail technician, its all Iv really wanted for the last 15 yrs but fore some reason I kept putting it off and popping out more babies :lol:

There is just sooo many ppl doing it now and charging ridiculously low prices? I need to make a decent income for this to work for us... :confused:

Thanks for the advice!
x

You will be a good all round nail professional if you do the CND Complete, not a master of none lol.

No one should get themselves into debt to do the course but it is the most economical way of training with CND in the long run.

If it is your dream, go for it. You won't regret it

You need to take a step back and figure out what it is you're trying to achieve and what this trade you're trying to get into involves to become successful. You're thoughts are all muddled up and you're making it more complicated than it really is. To avoid being a jack of all trades but master of none, concentrate on and master one thing at a time. You're going for the l&p course soon. Focus only on that for now. Take the course and master THAT skill. Then worry about where to go from there after you're confident enough that you can turn out a good set of l&p.
As for your hatred of feet, that's on you whether you want to offer pedis or toe enhancements of any sort, but there's nothing wrong with learning how to do it if it's part of the course. You can never learn too much, but you can learn too little. In my opinion, it would be worth doing because it's very profitable in the summer months, especially if you're planning on offering minx and shellac. (Rockstar toes, minx toes, bridal pedis, ect) In every career or job, there's going to be something that's our favourite and something that's not so fun to do. If we focus only on what we don't like, we miss out on the big picture that overall we're doing what we love. :) good luck on your upcoming course and whatever it is you choose to do next.

Thanks..

There is a woman in my area who is very popular but im not sure why :confused: I guess im afraid to invest even more money into this and be rubbish - I really want to be the best and learn from the best but Im a mum of 4 and need it to work and make a decent wage from it.

Did you guys train with CND and do the complete course?

Do you guys find yourself doing mostly l&p or gel and is there really much call for pedicures? I guess I could get used to feet and think of them as stumpy fingers...lol....

Thanks Chickafish
x

Don't worry about the other lady. She's not the one who's going to be feeding your kids :lol: as for what's popular and what's not, that really depends on your area and clients' occupation and lifestyle. I think it's still good to know enhancements of any sort whether it be l&p or gel cuz if you don't get requests for extensions, they can still be used for overlays to help support weakened nails for shellac or give a bit of length and free edge to bitten nails. As for pedis, again I think it depends on the area and clients. For example, I have a fair amount of elderly clients. It's hard for most of them to reach their feet to maintain them on their own, and they like being pampered with a foot massage so I get a good amount of requests for them.

The good thing about you being here and asking questions is there are a few CND ambassadors here on forums that can help direct you in the right direction as to which course is right for you :)

Don't worry about the other lady. She's not the one who's going to be feeding your kids :lol: as for what's popular and what's not, that really depends on your area and clients' occupation and lifestyle. I think it's still good to know enhancements of any sort whether it be l&p or gel cuz if you don't get requests for extensions, they can still be used for overlays to help support weakened nails for shellac or give a bit of length and free edge to bitten nails. As for pedis, again I think it depends on the area and clients. For example, I have a fair amount of elderly clients. It's hard for most of them to reach their feet to maintain them on their own, and they like being pampered with a foot massage so I get a good amount of requests for them.

The good thing about you being here and asking questions is there are a few CND ambassadors here on forums that can help direct you in the right direction as to which course is right for you :)

Thanks sooo much for taking the time to reply you are being very helpful!

So... maybe it would be a good idea to do the CND enhance (gel &l&p) first then go onto shellac etc...

Another really dumb a** question but when you learn shellac do you get taught manicure? as surely you cant just bung the stuff on the nail or would the prep i learn in the enhancement be enough? :confused:

thanks.. I know it must be soooo boring to listen to us newbies and our silly questions.

x

You will be a good all round nail professional if you do the CND Complete, not a master of none lol.

No one should get themselves into debt to do the course but it is the most economical way of training with CND in the long run.

If it is your dream, go for it. You won't regret it

Debt!.... I laugh in the face of debt....lol....

Thanks Dellaznailz! What do you think of going down the enhancement route first? master that then go onto shellac etc...

Also... I know you guys probably cant/shouldnt advise but on a personal note, how long did it take for yous to be able to do a decent set of enhancement?

Of course it's not boring huni, we were all there once and many of us are where we are now because we asked the right questions and listened to the right answers lol.

OK, I think the best thing for you would be for you to have a chat with your CND academy which I presume will be the Fingertips Centre in Edinburgh? They are all lovely and will explain the different routes available to you.

Generally, if you intend to offer CND Shellac and Minx you would need manicure. As for feet, you get used to them I promise! I once had a student who was nearly sick every time she had to do a pedi and now she loves them lol. Most Minx is done on toes

:hug:

AND......LOL...... What does the ITEC diploma really mean? on the fingertips website it shows that you will recieve this qualification once you complete the "complete course" but doesnt say what kind of qualification you will get after doing Enhance, shellac, L&P etc....

Of course it's not boring huni, we were all there once and many of us are where we are now because we asked the right questions and listened to the right answers lol.

OK, I think the best thing for you would be for you to have a chat with your CND academy which I presume will be the Fingertips Centre in Edinburgh? They are all lovely and will explain the different routes available to you.

Generally, if you intend to offer CND Shellac and Minx you would need manicure. As for feet, you get used to them I promise! I once had a student who was nearly sick every time she had to do a pedi and now she loves them lol. Most Minx is done on toes

:hug:

Yeah, Im just outside Edinburgh - spoke to someone today and she was very helpful but I cant make my mind up!...lol...

So, I wouldnt be able to go straight onto shellac? thats quite a bigy for me as I defo want to do it :confused: I would have to do a course in natural nails first?

Can you wear gloves to do pedi, its not how they look its just I cant bear to touch them or have anyone touch mine....lol....

Lol

The ITEC part is an internationally recognised qualification which covers manicure, pedicure,enhancements,health and safety, anatomy etc

Each section will also gain you a CND certificate so you can obtain insurance as each is completed, so manicure, pedicure,CND Shellac, Brisa gel and Liquid & Powder

As to how long it takes to do a decent set is down to the individual, a bit like asking how long will it take to pass your driving test lol xx

I would never stop anyone wearing gloves for pedi but you would need to check with your own trainer.

No one can go straight to CND Shellac, you need at least a manicure qualification

I would never stop anyone wearing gloves for pedi but you would need to check with your own trainer.

No one can go straight to CND Shellac, you need at least a manicure qualification

Thanks...
think ill be on the phone again tomorrow then :lol:

Im now swaying towards the complete course :eek: start as you mean to go on?

Go on, you know you want to :lol:

Go on, you know you want to :lol:

Got a whole bunch of stuff to sell on ebay! :lol:
is it possible to be rubbish at it tho? I cant afford to spend over £2k and not be good :mad:

ps. thanks for the friend request! x

If you get trained by the best, work hard and paractice practise practise, is it still possible to be rubbish?

Lol

The ITEC part is an internationally recognised qualification which covers manicure, pedicure,enhancements,health and safety, anatomy etc

Each section will also gain you a CND certificate so you can obtain insurance as each is completed, so manicure, pedicure,CND Shellac, Brisa gel and Liquid & Powder

As to how long it takes to do a decent set is down to the individual, a bit like asking how long will it take to pass your driving test lol xx

That's interesting, I didn't realise that! I thought I'd have to wait until I finish my course to get a certificate so that's great news :D

Latest posts

Back