Something different...educating the client.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoney

Reaction score
I'm re-lauching my salon in May, now that I have trained with CND.

I was thinking about my re-launch the other day, as I plan to stick to the original date, (even though my extention is gonna take 6 months to go through planning) and decided on 'An evening with Polished Nail Boutique'!:)

I'm going to do a presentation on nails, explaining how the industry has progressed over the last few years, that nails dont need to be roughed up before applying products anymore, that they don't need to be taken off, that your nails cant breathe...how you can make a badly bitten nail look like a beautiful nail with custom blending or blend any shade to match your handbag/shoes. etc etc etc

So many people in the town still say to me that they have never had their nails done cause they dont want to ruin them!

I'm also going to have demostration tables set up and do demos of enhancements, minx, poppits and almond spa manicure, and promote the safe tan summer campaign with demo spray tans.

Oh and serve champagne & canapes! Yum.
Lucikly we have a function suite right opposite the salon that holds 150 people. So we can go between there and the salon.

My aunt is putting my presentation onto powerpoint, so I'll have a big screen for during the talk, and it'll show pics of my work during the demos.

I've been putting the feelers out with existing clients, and i reckon I might have to have 2 nights:eek:

So...do you think it's a good idea? and does anybody have anything they can add?? all ideas very welcome.:idea:

think its a great idea, but don't count on everyone turning up so stick to one night only. good luck!

Definately stick to one night as people saying they'll come and people who actually come are often a different matter completely.

Hi

Can I come?? lol seriously live a bit far away for that but just wanted to say all you plans sound great! I think your potential clients will be shocked (in a good way) about the old myth that enhancements always ruin your nails, so when you educate them other wise it not only will be good for you but for the industry as a whole. Even my own mother claimed enhancements had ruined her nails as 'they were all split' but I had to remind her that that is WHY I put on the enhancements because her nails were all split before (as I was trying to protect them) to which she replied 'oh yeah' and it didn't help that she 'pulled' them off :eek: Shows you how quick folk are to blame enhancements when they don't look after them or their nails but thats a whole other rant lol!!!

I sure your night and the launch will be a huge success and your town is lucky to have an educated driven tech such as yourself.

Good luck

Karen x

Hi

Can I come?? lol seriously live a bit far away for that but just wanted to say all you plans sound great! I think your potential clients will be shocked (in a good way) about the old myth that enhancements always ruin your nails, so when you educate them other wise it not only will be good for you but for the industry as a whole. Even my own mother claimed enhancements had ruined her nails as 'they were all split' but I had to remind her that that is WHY I put on the enhancements because her nails were all split before (as I was trying to protect them) to which she replied 'oh yeah' and it didn't help that she 'pulled' them off :eek: Shows you how quick folk are to blame enhancements when they don't look after them or their nails but thats a whole other rant lol!!!

I sure your night and the launch will be a huge success and your town is lucky to have an educated driven tech such as yourself.

Good luck

Karen x

WOW!! I just noticed funnily enough you live in Angus so I`m peeing myself laughing - I`m in Dundee x

Wow thats great, would love you to come, you can even be part of it if you fancy, do some demos and stuff???

Anyone else fancy giving me a hand lol?? Debi-dee's coming (my BFF), bless her. Need all the help I can get:eek:

So...do you think it's a good idea? and does anybody have anything they can add?? all ideas very welcome.:idea:

FAB idea! I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted on how it goes! :)

I think it is a fantastic idea :hug:
Giving your clients a bit of education is not a bad thing at all and if everyone who goes tells a mate about how informed you are then all the better.
You know where I am if you need me :hug:

Lisa I know I am bit further away, but if I can help at all in any way just ask hun xxxxx:hug:

Left a comment for you hun xxx

It sounds fantastic but it does seem like alot to do. You want people to hear you talk, get nail demos, get tan demos, and enjoy themselves in a prob 3-4 hr period. It seems very scheduled to me Usually people arrive in spurts so will you wait until you have a decent sized crowd or will you just start, if a big group comes in half way through can you recap without losing time and boring the other guests? Do you have a good few staff/helpers? and finally hpw are you unders pressure? I'm just throwing these things at you as my first charity fund raiser was poorly attended and I had to change what I'd planned, last month was almond mani launch, sunbed & teeth whitening and I did the mani and some people came in and started chatting amongst themselves and it brought and end to my demo, a few asked me questions that went into a full blown converstaion and before I knew it was 10pm!

I prob would try and keep it a bit more simple, the talk sounds great but are ALL the demo's needed? Your client would prob more like to talk to YOU about their bad tanning exp than see a demo and that is getting them involved - I mean everyone has a tanning story!!! also it's great to put on a show like the event but I dont think that clients are really that interested. The myth busting is good but again half of them may not know what your talking about.

sorry if I sound negative its just I'm having my 3rd evening toninght and its really casual this time from experiences of the last 2.

It sounds fantastic but it does seem like alot to do. You want people to hear you talk, get nail demos, get tan demos, and enjoy themselves in a prob 3-4 hr period. It seems very scheduled to me Usually people arrive in spurts so will you wait until you have a decent sized crowd or will you just start, if a big group comes in half way through can you recap without losing time and boring the other guests? Do you have a good few staff/helpers? and finally hpw are you unders pressure? I'm just throwing these things at you as my first charity fund raiser was poorly attended and I had to change what I'd planned, last month was almond mani launch, sunbed & teeth whitening and I did the mani and some people came in and started chatting amongst themselves and it brought and end to my demo, a few asked me questions that went into a full blown converstaion and before I knew it was 10pm!

I prob would try and keep it a bit more simple, the talk sounds great but are ALL the demo's needed? Your client would prob more like to talk to YOU about their bad tanning exp than see a demo and that is getting them involved - I mean everyone has a tanning story!!! also it's great to put on a show like the event but I dont think that clients are really that interested. The myth busting is good but again half of them may not know what your talking about.

sorry if I sound negative its just I'm having my 3rd evening toninght and its really casual this time from experiences of the last 2.

Thanks for the advise. I'm not sure its the same kind of evening as a charity event, and its scheduled so far as I will do my talk first and then invite people to have the demos for the remainder of the evening. I am sending out invitations to my existing clients and several local business women and friends and family. I am also asking guests to reserve a space, so hopefully I will have an indication of numbers well before.

All of the demos are absolutely necessary to showcase what is availiable within the salon and my clients so far have been very interested when I talk to them in the salon about why I do what I do to their nails etc. I am the only nail tech in my town and many have had very bad experiences with their nails. I want to show them how the industry has progressed.

I have several helpers including the two girls who work for me and two very experienced girls who I have met through this site and are travelling a long way to help me because they believe in what I am doing.

I will be available to talk to my guests throughout the evening. Tanning is just an add on really, I want to keep my identity as a naill salon.

You have everything covered, so just make sure to leave enough time to be free to chat with people as my charity event was the first one I did to raise money and promote the salon, then the almond mani was the second. Was excatly the same I just used the mani to talk about the importance of nails and growth of the industry including myself (gaining my masters) and CPD. I just feel that after a demo/talk your clients will want to talk with you about what they have just heard. I had a great night on wednesday I still covered the same points but in a more relaxed way than I previously did and got a great response. For me and my clients it worked.
Good luck and enjoy the night.

Latest posts

Back