Something New for us to try (acrylic rings)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG My daughter is 3 in July too and if I made her one she would eat it lol.

they look great bangpuss. Not done an acrylic course jet but when I do I will give it a go.

Blimey I can't believe how popular this thread has been .....well actually yes I can because its so much fun lol ,
you have all made me proud to be a geek ...everyone joining in and having some fun xx

but along the way, we are learning some product control...filing skills...etc....
trust me , after filing these little rings ...refining somebodys enhancements will seem like a doddle :green:

and liteangel thankyou so much for all that information xx it will come in very usefull hun x
*rep*

I'm going to give this a go tomorrow then probably soak off the french I have on now and apply a new set of nails to match the ring! (backwards! lol)

I WANT 1!!!!!! xx

Thanks Emmsybabes, minimun I could do. But now...
You have a source in the forum that probalby can't be bothered with little jewels...
NAILZOO! has anyone seen his fruited set of nails on his site (done for a mag, apparently)? they look amazing and juicy.
As Carl how he managed to do all that.
ps. Sorry Nailzoo but I admire your work and tutorials very much...:ociaoooooooooo

I went to this web page but it's not in english. Any other sites I could look at.
spat

I tried earrings with dried flowers in uv gel... not bad, but well, not great either :o

UV Gel is a right B****r to do this with. I'll keep trying!

:lol:

So do we have another taker for the Geek of the Ring challenge???????

I will have a go in secret first not up to the standards you guys are:lol:

they look great ,don´t they....but you can make rings out of gel aswell:)

Here is one of my rings,matching my nails a while ago:)

Andrea:lol:

oooh i want one, im gonna have a go at the weekend, some of you guys are so flippin talented, i still get blown away every day

if i ever get one third as this good ill be one happy bunny xxxxx

Am doing a new set on me tomorrow, I'm also going to have a go at doing a ring too.

If it's any good, I'll post a pic.

I think the rings I've seen so far are absolutely fantastic, well done geeks.

Ju x

Oh my god Emma! Well done you for starting such an exciting new venture for us all. Haven't felt so enthusiastic about trying something in ages! Can't wait to have a go. My 4 yr old has been spying over my shoulder so she's first on the list! Will post when I've had a few attempts. Nice one! Keep up the good hunting and posting! xx

I'm not sure how many clients would like these but what about if you created a blank canvas in advance of apointments, I.E. a clear thin ring, that you could finish when the clients nails had been finished, saves time at the appointment.

just a thought

Rachel xx

Can we revisit this thread? I would REALLY like to know how these rings are made. I'm a new nail tech. Still learning. But these rings look AWESOME!!!!

Can we revisit this thread? I would REALLY like to know how these rings are made. I'm a new nail tech. Still learning. But these rings look AWESOME!!!!

I dont really understand the question, if you read all this thread you will see how they are done!

:hug:

Hi Everyone

I made a ring about a year ago after seeing an article in a nail magazine. Didn't quite make it thick enough because I broke it while moving furniture..... But being acrylic it was easy to fix!!!!
I had so many nice comments on it too...

Having trouble attaching the image so I will post it on my page.

well the idea worked lol
it was adapting a form instead of the sellotape,
much easier for measuring and keeping it neat and tidy as you have the lines to gude you ,
I did make a few adjustments that i never got pics of, only made it a little bit bigger etc..but the main jist is here
i am loving this lol

i know this thread is quite old, but I am glad that you tried it with a nail form and I will be doing it this way from now on, thanx so much!

Latest posts

Back