Something to control the hair when separating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abemail1

Reaction score
Hi there,

Is there a substance that can be used to control the hair when I make sections?

Sometimes when I separate gents hair e.g. on the sides, it just flips back. I can't use clips effectively because the hair is sometimes a little short.

I suppose I could use gel but I imagine there must be something specific for this purpose.

Thank you

Hi there,

Is there a substance that can be used to control the hair when I make sections?

Sometimes when I separate gents hair e.g. on the sides, it just flips back. I can't use clips effectively because the hair is sometimes a little short.

I suppose I could use gel but I imagine there must be something specific for this purpose.

Thank you
Have you tried adding friction lotion to your water spray? Generally of the hair is wet enough the weight of the water will hold it down. Do you normally shampoo your gents hair?

Hi Ronray,

thanks for taking the time to respond.

Sometimes its washed and sometimes not. I found that in some cases water wouldn't hold the hair down. It's usually when the hair is not that long.

I like the sound of friction spray and hadn't tried that. I'll definitely give that a try.

Thanks again

How useful are these? I've seen them advertised a few times, but never thought to buy some.

I must say since gaining more experience with very short hair I use them less. They work on dry and damp hair straight and curly. They don’t work on soaking wet hair however...or not very well anyway. I find myself using them most frequently now when braiding as they are flat they don’t get in the way and allow me to get into tight gaps. They don’t tug on the hair I honestly thought when I first got them that it would be like Velcro but they simply slide on and off. I’d say worth the investment if having problems like the OP.

HI James28,

thanks for the tip. Like Ronray I would have never thought to buy these but the way you describe them they might just be what I need. I will get some and see how I get on. Thanks s a lot!

Latest posts

Back