Quantcast

Something to practice sculpting on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Puffle

Reaction score
I'm looking for something I can practise sculpting on...I will on friends too but I'm thinking just something I can sit here and do in the evenings. Are the trainers hands / finger any good for sculpting on? Have read alot of post saying not, but not sure what else would be, if anything?

ZeniaDK

Reaction score
I'd suggest a trainer hand at fist ... They are sitting still and they are patient
Or I'd recommend practicing on your self - I do both ... The brand I use 'ONS' offers a polish like thing to put on your nails before so you can make the nails and file them etc, and when they are done you can take them right off - that's brilliant I think :)
I post a pic. Of my
Nail trainer ;-) just a sec.

ZeniaDK

Reaction score
the nail trainer

Planky1

Reaction score
When I was doing my training years ago, we were recommended to use a homemade method, to save spending on a trainer hand. Get a rubber glove and fill with sugar to make it like a hand, tie off the end with a rubber band or hair band. Then you can stick tips on as the nails and practice whatever you need to on them :) worked great as the rubber is obviously flexible so you can move the "fingers" like real fingers :wink2: might be worth ago before spending any money, just a thought.

Puffle

Reaction score
When I was doing my training years ago, we were recommended to use a homemade method, to save spending on a trainer hand. Get a rubber glove and fill with sugar to make it like a hand, tie off the end with a rubber band or hair band. Then you can stick tips on as the nails and practice whatever you need to on them :) worked great as the rubber is obviously flexible so you can move the "fingers" like real fingers :wink2: might be worth ago before spending any money, just a thought.
Ah that sounds good! Can you fit forms to them ok? Off to get a glove....:biggrin:

Puffle

Reaction score
I'd suggest a trainer hand at fist ... They are sitting still and they are patient
Or I'd recommend practicing on your self - I do both ... The brand I use 'ONS' offers a polish like thing to put on your nails before so you can make the nails and file them etc, and when they are done you can take them right off - that's brilliant I think :)
I post a pic. Of my
Nail trainer ;-) just a sec.
Thank you! That polish sounds like a fab idea! That's the only problem with doing it on yourself if you don't want to keep them. x

Planky1

Reaction score
Ah that sounds good! Can you fit forms to them ok? Off to get a glove....:biggrin:
As long as you glue the tip to the finger of the glove so that there is a "free edge" then I don't see why not, it's a quick and cheap experiment before spending out on a trainer hand IMO :wink2: I practised polishing and Gel on mine and I could file and buff and do whatever I needed to without the "nail" coming off and it felt quite life like :)

Puffle

Reaction score
As long as you glue the tip to the finger of the glove so that there is a "free edge" then I don't see why not, it's a quick and cheap experiment before spending out on a trainer hand IMO :wink2: I practised polishing and Gel on mine and I could file and buff and do whatever I needed to without the "nail" coming off and it felt quite life like :)
Thank you Planky1...I'll give this a go before buying anything. :biggrin:

Reaction score
Afternoon geeks

Saw the post on sculpting with a rubber glove, liked the idea however not enough sugar in house to fill glove! Lol

Don't have blue tac either 😞

Any ideas how else I can practise other than the two I mentioned above just until I can do it with glove or blue tac.

SillyBilly

Reaction score
Try Rice in the rubber glove.

Reaction score
Fill I be able to stick a tip on with the grains?

X18WAT

Reaction score
i fill my gloves with flour! xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

SillyBilly

Reaction score
Fill I be able to stick a tip on with the grains?
Yes. You will be surprised how easy it is :0) and much easier to clean up should you spill any.

Reaction score
Thank you all for your advice!

Did my first set of sculptures on my marigolds!!

Pictures arnt that great.

Attachments

Tigan

Reaction score
I always just use my own hand and then i think uh oh !
that was a bit big hahahaha
once i scultped a great big swan and i had to go about like that, taking bits off a little at a time

Tip Toe Nails

Reaction score
I was taught in the en Vogue book in my course to use a 13mm 1/2" diameter dowling for fingers to sculpt on.

with a pencil draw a mock nail plate you can get 4x on the dowel
you can glue a tip on and or use the forms....

Karen McB

Reaction score
i have a nail trainer hand and would be willing to sell it if you decide you want to buy one. If you are interested PM me and i can check what is in the box.x

Latest posts