Somethings contaminated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sequinto

Reaction score
Hi peeps when playin about with nails yesterday i noticed that when i placed a pink or white bead on a form there was a ring of yellow round each bead not sure if its me brush cos i constantly clean it n when i wipe on tissue there r no signs of yellowing, but when i wipe the brush handle there is always yellowin could this b the cause?

Hi Jackie

I get this sometimes as well! I was told if it happened to put some scrub fresh on a hands down and wipe the entire handle and brush head in a downward motion until no more yellow.

Was a bit dubious at first as i've always been told to use monomer only on brush head, but it seems to have worked! Must admit i'm a devil for leaving a bit of "something" in my brush and both my pro-styler and master series have had this treatment and are still going strong.

HTH?

Taz
x

Good advice Taz,
This is quite common and a little scrub fresh applied as taz has advised is the only soultion i know and it does work. Please dont over load with scrub fresh, and remember this is not a regular/every day answer. But once in a blue moon is cooool.
**Always REMEMBER Brushes should be cleaned in 'clean' monomer.**

Thnx girls i do always clean my brush in clean monomer after each client i also wipe over the handle with monomer then scrubfesh but never over the bristles with scrubfrsh but will give this ago have ordered new brush so if this dont work hav got new brush

I may be speaking out of line here as I haven't done L&P for 3 years but when I did we always had to hang our brushes in the spring of the desk lamps with the bristles down so that excess monomer wouldn't build up in the shaft. As I say my L&P knowledge is alittle rusty but this may help to keep a cleaner brush.

I have to say i was always told you store my brush so pointing downwards which i can do in my case as it has got side bits to poke things in, if this makes sense, so my brush is never laid down at all.

glad you confirmed this TT, my memory serves me better than I think sometimes lol!
talented talons said:
I have to say i was always told you store my brush so pointing downwards which i can do in my case as it has got side bits to poke things in, if this makes sense, so my brush is never laid down at all.

Latest posts

Back