soooo annoyed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashaonline

Reaction score
I had a client booked in this morning which she had booked very early in advance , so out of courtesy I rang to remind her about her appointment today, with no apology nothing she said ...oh ive forgot il have to cancel it

at the time I was just like no problem would you like to rebook?
"no" and thats it

I wish I would of said "well I hope you got a bloody diary for xmas!"

sorry lol I know we all get this but when its this time of year with no nursery open and you have a 1 year old to get up etc and have to take to family to be looked after and all other arrangements you wouldent be a happy bunny!

annnnyway

a question

I know you can say about 24 hour cancellation policys etc but is there actually a law on this for mobile/home based geeks, or is it just a scare factor?
has anyone actually gone through all the hassle of sending out a bill, and what if they just ignore it?

Do you just have to accept these clients to cut out a long winded process?

xTashax

i don't know about an actual law

i think you handled it very well but unfortunately it does happen sometimes

it is annoying and so unfair when you have made arrangements but unfortunately it is just a small and horrid part of the job....i think you did the best thing to just stay polite and let it go.

I have a 24 hour cancellation policy on all of my literature and I verbalise it too.
I have pursued it in the past with 2 clients and one paid up and said she wouldn't be back, the other paid up and continues to attend, regularly missing her appointments and paying double the next time she attends.

I did have 1 at my new place and I was foaming, but in the end I didn't pursue it and just wrote it off.

I think if you let your clients know that you have commitments ie childcare, they are more likely to respect their appointments as they realise that you have made a lot of effort to attend. Personally, I would have rang her yesterday to remind her, so then you would have known for this morning. If someone makes an appointment in advance like that, ring the day before regardless of how reliable they are. Its actually a nice personal touch and all my clients seem to appreicate it.

Hi, As far as I know there is no law. Even if you state that there is a cancellation fee, you cant make people pay it, they will just go some where else. Some people with honour the fee but more than often most wont.

I know how you feel hun,iv just posted a thread about the same thing then reading yours so we are in the same boat.
I got my selve in a right mess thought with nerves as it is well was going to be an unknown client.
Anyway good advice from the others about telephoning them the day before as i didnt think to be honest.

Good luck for next time xx

it is annoying and so unfair when you have made arrangements but unfortunately it is just a small and horrid part of the job....i think you did the best thing to just stay polite and let it go.

I think so too. Doesn't it wind you up though, especially if you have to get your little one taken care of. :hug:

I get about 1 no-show every 6 months so shouldn't grumble too much, but the air is still fairly blue when it happens!

one no show in six months!! I used to get atleast five a week. I have now started to charge clients 50% of their treatment most will pay happily when they next come in, and for the ones that complain and dont come back then im not too worried as they are usually the repeat offenders. i was just getting so fed up with people not turning up or cancelling at the last minute because they need to giet their hair done!!!:green:

Latest posts

Back