Sophisti Kate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmynails

Reaction score
Hi,
So..... did you see Eastenders and the first day of Kate's new Nail Bar? Nice name I think. We know that they have spent £2,000 on product but are they using a particular brand? I wonder what story lines are going to be introduced..... hope they are good for the nail business and not negative......... well, I can't imagine it's going to be smooth sailing for Kate - this is soapland afterall............I guess we'll watch what develops with interest.
What thoughts does everyone else have.......... anyone with some insider knowledge?

Carol

For years and years I have said they should base a soap or sit-com around a nail salon as aopposed to a Bar like Cheers, or The Rovers Return, or The Queen Vic, or the Wool Pack etc etc etc.

You see the whole spectrum of life in a Nail Salon not to mention how 'up close and personal' you get with your clients -- it is a living soap opera.

I wonder where Kate trained then, lol!
oh, and I wonder if she did her nvq?? lol!!!!

all in jest I know it's a soap, but I'll be making sure I watch it more now ha ha.

luv Sarah x

:D :D :D :D

As soon as i watched it last night i knew that all you lot would be thinking the same thing!!

I watched very very closely to see if I1d notice any brands but I didn`t, did anyone else?
I did notice a bottle of something on a shelf, maybe a product remover but it wasn`t a brand name, and I was looking at the bottles of polish but didn`t recognise the shape. It would be interesting to see if they are using anything worthwhile although I don`t think they can advertise can they?

I would love to see a NSS open opposite or near to Kates nails bar and see how Phill deals with them!! lol. Maybe we could all learn something!! :arg:

Well I can't believe they spent ANYTHING on product - in fact I don't believe it :rolleyes: I have sent loads of stuff and am scouring every night to see if I see anything! They called us and send it wasn't garanteed but it would be a possibility - please let me know if any CND is spied!!! ;) ;)

I dont know what products they will use but,shouldnt Designer Nails launch PINK UP PHIL !!!!!
Can anyone else beat that?
Tricia

tricia crooks said:
I dont know what products they will use but,shouldnt Designer Nails launch PINK UP PHIL !!!!!
Can anyone else beat that?
Tricia

LOL!!

I don't think they are allowed to advertise are they? You never see cans of coke or magazine names etc, they're very careful!

Hi all, the company Nailorder will be supplying products & technical advice. I would love to pay a visit to the salon & enjoy a manicure with Kate & catch up on all the gossip!

kaydee143 said:
Hi all, the company Nailorder will be supplying products & technical advice. I would love to pay a visit to the salon & enjoy a manicure with Kate & catch up on all the gossip!

yes that is certainly the press release in Pro Nails (I think it was that mag) - BUT it is not exclusive to NailOrder - I bet we see a number of different companies products who have bothered to send the goods. The show can not be product exclusive - it has to be generic - just like this board!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back