Sophisticated or simple???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophisticated or simple??

• complex...i need and feel to look good!

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • in the middle,im a cleanse,tone,moisturise guy!

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • What skin care routine????!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters

Chameleon

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Leading on from a thread Sassy made i would like your views on your own personal skin care routine.

I woulk like to know if you are a serious skin care user and have an elaborate routine(like moi!!),or if you are a simple wash off cleanser, and simply moisturiser gal or guy.

I want to know as i get so many new clients who are simple and basic skin care users,and still find it very surprising,because from myself i was taught at such a young age about skincare.Although i was always into skincare and nails from a very early age.

Note i didnt add make up....whys that you wonder...well i believe if you adopt a VERY good skin care regime,and are using salon grade,professional products that are reccommended from a professional skin care therapist,make up should be optional,as i have clients skin transform from ashen to radiant:wink2::biggrin:

So people,give me some insight into your routine....and be as honest as you can:p:D

Personally,my routine is very complex and elaborate,but then thats me,and i wont bore you with my serums,creams,cleansers,exfoliants,and what goes where:wink2::eek:

I dont have a routine what so ever ... thats me being honest :D

I have never have done or had problems with spots or skin problems etc!

I wash with soap & water, apply a bit of make up & I'm off!!

I use a rinse off cleanser in the shower, followed by a toner (both from Lush) and then a moisturiser (Lancome). I then use Lily Lolo mineral make-up - foundation, powder, eyeshadow and mascara..... Done!!! At weekends I go makeup free......

Definitely not complicated! I definitely look better since moving to mineral makeup though......

i try and take care of my skin, as it is a walking advert of my business, which is important when you are recommending and selling products to a client who may be thinking ' the dont look like they take care of theirs' (not the same said for those with problematic skin, more flakey, dull etc).
I don't always use the same brand month to month, as i have a huge collection, but i always cleanse, tone, moisturise, eye cream everyday, mask and exfo twice a week, and use a hydrating serum when i feel my skin needs it (which isnt as often as i should be!).
Unfortunately, i don't have a facial very often, which would be nice to give it a thorough deep cleanse and extraction:sad:.
i think thats it!

i have terrible skin...dull and lifeless if i dont keep up a routine, so i have to have a good routine to keep my skin looking as best it can or it goes back to looking rubbish...
i use liz earles cleanse tone and moisturise routine morning and night..i also exfoliate 3- 4 times weekly and use a face mask once a week.
i also use a vitamin c serum ever morning and night underneath my moisturiser.

after using everything on the market and ending up with product overload and still have breakouts i decided to go back to basics...so its soap and water for me...and since then my skin has cleared up. I am a exfoliating addict and do this with those exfoliating gloves...(99p from tesco) avoiding the delicate skin around my eyes.

so for now its basic for me. x

I used to have mild acne, and the dermatologist told me just to use Dove soap and water. Everything else was harsh on my skin including sensitive Clinique!

Don't have acne anymore but not great skin (health reasons im sure), so I have changed my diet, and use either dove or alternate with Neutrogena facewash. I always moisturise and wear makeup (wouldnt be seen dead without it).
Tried Lilylolo, rubbish in my opinion so Im back to non-mineral, trying Shu Uemera.

use facemasks and exfoliate regularly.remove allmakeup before bed too.

Oh and recently bought a mini kit from the Sanctuary with toner, moisturiser etc...so nice!

At the moment i dont know much about skin care and am quite poor lol so this is all I can do. When i do learn however I will upgrade.

Funny though, that I will only use the professional shampoo etc on my hair!

I think the main reason people dont do everything is because they simply do not know what to do.

I have a regular facial and have recently changed to Dermalogica which I think has made a difference.

I use a precleanse which helps to dissolve the oils etc. Then I use a gel cleanser in the morning and a clay based cleanser at night and I also use a daily microfoliant and moisturiser.

I use an eye cream and also a sunscreen.

I very rarely wear make up, just a bit of eye liner and lash conditioner. I wear Lily Lolo if I do use foundation.

I have to say I only use baby soap and thats it!
I dont wear makeup either;)
Just plain jane:D

I think the main reason people dont do everything is because they simply do not know what to do.
ditto i would love to learn more on whats the best skincare routine

If you want to know what the best skin care routine is for you, I suggest you go and see a qualified beauty therapist. They will be able to look at your skin and recommend a range of products which will suit it best. Most product ranges have samples, so you can try before you buy, and even if you don't buy you'll still have a better idea of what skin type you are and what type of products will suit you best.

If I had a problem with my nails and wanted advice, I'd go and see a nail tech. Works both ways!!:biggrin:

I use the lot as you know ! lol

I do find many clients still stick to the basics and just cleanse & moisturise, some say they get on fine with cheap products so they will carry on using XYZ but what they don't seem to realise (so I tell them!) is that 'fine' isn't good enough, they should be saying that they use a certain cream because its amazing, it firms, it lifts etc etc it should actually be making a difference !!

Ive had clients ask what an SPF is before :suprised:

I wish more woman had facials most of my clients are over 50 where are all the 20's & 30's why aren't they haveing facials to ?!

I use the lot as you know ! lol

I do find many clients still stick to the basics and just cleanse & moisturise, some say they get on fine with cheap products so they will carry on using XYZ but what they don't seem to realise (so I tell them!) is that 'fine' isn't good enough, they should be saying that they use a certain cream because its amazing, it firms, it lifts etc etc it should actually be making a difference !!

Ive had clients ask what an SPF is before :suprised:

I wish more woman had facials most of my clients are over 50 where are all the 20's & 30's why aren't they haveing facials to ?!
What a bloody good comment,fine ISNT good enough...clients comment on the fact that,they dont see a difference in thier skin,but if they are just using a basic cleanser and moisturiser they wont...

You have to step up your routine and work at it to see a result....i tell clients to bin all thier old products and start afresh :eek:...yes thats me sock it to em straight,but once the initial exchange of p0roducts is taken away,and after several facials and home care clients then comment they never knew they could get great skin....and i see results after using a new mask or exfoliant,or serum,and i have great skin,so if i can see it someone who has worse skin than me will only reap the benefits ten fold.

Alot of people are just bone idle,and say they havent the time....NO excuse.

My routine maybe complex to some but it only takes me less than 10 mins to do my routine AND apply a face full of ID minerals if i need to,AND ive demonstrated that to clients myself.....thier opinions soon change:wink2::p:D

I have recently started taking care of my skin!! (Since I started training in facials funnily enough!!)

I use Natures Way, I cleanse, and/or facial wash, tone, under cream and lip balm and then moisturise.....2-3 times a week I use a scrub but I admit I dont have facials as much as I should.

I always use TOTAL block, on all my body I am quite paranoid about skin damage and I would far rather have a spray tan to kill of the pasty look!!

i wash my face with dove soap, i use a cleanser and toner from superdrug and i moisturise with astral

i steam and exfoliate at least once a week

Well I call my routine is pretty simple.
In the morning I using a foaming cleanser in the shower, toning mist, eye gel & moisturiser, then mineral makeup.
At night I remove makeup with jojoba oil, cleanse, serum, eye gel moisturiser.
Twice a week I use a scrub & mask & probably weekly or fortnightly use a professional mask.

My routine varies to be honest, my skin has out breaks a lot & is quite oily. I'm in the middle really as some days I just haven't the energy to do the works so its the bare minimum, cleanse etc..... other days its soap & water. But I do exfoliate every couple of days. I'm on antibiotics for my skin at the mo but have to say they don't seem to make a real difference. :cry:

Im an AVON girl.. Its an Aussie catalouge company (I think) and i have to say i swear by their face products..

I very rarely wear makeup.. infact i dont need to as my skin tone is pretty even and i hardly ever break out.. (just one huge one right between my eyes or on my neck every month!!!)

Im an all in kinda chick..
ANEW morning routine
gel cleanser/ toner/ Day moisturiser/ sunscreen... lip plumper with moisture/sunscreen .. solar oil and hand cream and im set..
(if i have work a touch of bronzer and eyemascara)

ANEW evening routine
intesive clean/toner /evening moisturiser/ eye serum/ lip balm.. solar oil and hand cream (after i have rubbed oil into my hands i wipe excess into the ends of my hair everynight)

One a week i use a micro exfoliant followed by a face pack (intensive moisturiser) wack a treatment in my hair and give my self a manicure/pedicure.. usualy on a satarday night after the girls are gone to sleep..

I dont do this only to look good, i do it to feel fab!!:hug:

I'm using dermalogica at the moment. It has worked wonders for my skin. I have very oily skin but never get breakouts now.

Morning: Cleanse twice with antibac skin wash (or dermal clay cleanser twice a week), skin prep scrub once a week (mid week), gentle cream exfoliant once a week (sunday).
Tone - multi active toner
Moisturise - Oil control lotion
Mineral makeup, this helps to control the dreaded shine.

Night: cleanse twice with antibac skin wash,
skin renewal booster once a week,
Active moist.

OMG it seems like so much when I see it written down, but it never takes me more than 15 minutes to do all this.

Now if only I could convince all my clients.

I use a mix of products - dermalogica, boots and avon's anew!

dermalogica precleanse, special cleansing gel and multi-active toner
boots no 7 firming day cream with SPF15/boots time delay night cream
avon's anew eye cream
oh and avon's anti-wrinkle cream for my frown lines :lol:

never takes me more than 10 mins

oh and 2 x weekly exfoliant and 1 x week mask

Latest posts

Back