sore eyes!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacki

Reaction score
Hi there. This is my first thread on this site and firstly would like to congratulate you on a fantastic site, keep it up!!!

I have been doing gel nails for the past 6/7 months but after a busy day i find my eyes are really strained,. I use a daylight bulb but doesnt seem to help. Does anyone else suffer with this? I am going tomorrow to get my eyes checked.

I don't know if this is relevant, but if you work with a VDU/computer your eyes are fixed at the same focal length for most of the day. It is good health and safety practice to look up and focus on something at another distaance every now and again. The eye equivalent of shaking out your limbs after excercise. It is also good practice to take a break every30 minutes or so. OK this may not be practical in nails, but just to make the most and stand up, stretch. Look properly around the room.

ella said:
I don't know if this is relevant, but if you work with a VDU/computer your eyes are fixed at the same focal length for most of the day. It is good health and safety practice to look up and focus on something at another distaance every now and again. The eye equivalent of shaking out your limbs after excercise. It is also good practice to take a break every30 minutes or so. OK this may not be practical in nails, but just to make the most and stand up, stretch. Look properly around the room.
Oh yes Ella, this is very relevant, nice one !!!!!.................

We Technicians tend to focus within the same visual range and close up for a long time................

I used to suffer from headaches years ago and blurred vision................
So had an eye test, nope vision remaind the same.................
but as soon as I told the Optician what my job entailed he said, your eyes need a work out.............
So when ever I don't need to look at the nail, ...I look around into the distance........like Ella said stretch those eyeball muscles!!!!!!! Well sort off lol !!!!
Apparently needle workers tend to get this a lot too!!!!!!
HTH

can you explain exactly what you mean by strained?

what symptoms?

tired sore eyes....headache...I got an eye exam and it showed fine but upon my profession description and admission that I am on the computer frequently my eye dr prescribed some glasses that were just barely a "strength" for me to use when on the pc and when doing something like nail art where I really focus on small details. They allow my eyes to rest when needed. Also sounds silly but if I am going to be working on the pc for 3 or more hours I wear sunglasses, stumbled on that by accident but works like a charm, no headache :)

FingerNailFixer said:
tired sore eyes....headache...I got an eye exam and it showed fine but upon my profession description and admission that I am on the computer frequently my eye dr prescribed some glasses that were just barely a "strength" for me to use when on the pc and when doing something like nail art where I really focus on small details. They allow my eyes to rest when needed. Also sounds silly but if I am going to be working on the pc for 3 or more hours I wear sunglasses, stumbled on that by accident but works like a charm, no headache :)
Just to let you all know, my optician has said that due to me being long sighted, by doing close up work causes eye strain and blurred vision and they have suggested i try reading glasses with the prescribed strength. I shall try this and let you all know.:eek: (and no this is not me!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back