Sore nails after gel polish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolla

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing - I've worn gel polish constantly since last December. I've never had them off for more than about 10 minutes before redoing them. Took them off this morning and didn't have time to redo (doing it tomorrow). They have been a little sore and if I put any pressure on them it's worse. They are in perfect condition (to look at), strong etc as I always remove properly. Always use Solar Oil. Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this may be and whether it's wise to redo them tomorrow??

I use Gelish but I don't think that's relevant to my problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Years ago, in the days of nail polish, I used to get this when I removed normal nail polish after wearing it for weeks, it only lasted a day or so. I think it is just that your nails get used to that extra support if you know what I mean.

I am on a training course next week where my usually Gelished nails will have to be nude. I expect to experience that slightly tender feeling again on that day. It will be the longest time my nails have been nude for 18 months.

I've had that problem too in the past. I'd take my polish off and my nails would ache for the day.

Yes I have experienced this too.

I don't exactly know why we get this but I feel it's exactly what the poster above said, our nails just get used to having 'something' on them and when we take it off, they have to readjust somehow.
It usually only lasts a day for me and all's good again but usually by the next day just when it's gone, I redo my nails anyway.

I get the opposite of this, where my nails are usually always naked I find wearing even the most basic of polish feels heavy for the first day.. It's funny just how sensitive our nail beds are to minute change :)

Thanks for your replies :)

It's good to know im not a freak and/or doing something hideously wrong :p

I must say they do feel slightly better this morning... I guess it's good to have this experience in case any of my clients ask about it. Righty, off to put the Gelish back on!! ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back