Sore Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haydenamzy

Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted a bit of advise, I have just done a full set and re-balance for my friend, however no matter how little or gently I file, whether blending tips or on a re-balance she saids her nails are very very sore.

She had extensions done about 18-24 months ago when a girl used to file very heavy and go through the natural nail, obviously leaving them sore. Have you any ideas on how to help her as it is always sore having a re-balance done, no matter how soft or gentle I am with the file,I have not experienced this with any of my other clients, and no one ever saids I burn them, however my friend gets the burning sensation very quickly.

I have given her some solar oil to start off with...any suggestions??

Thanks

This happened to me personally, and is one of the reasons I decided to train as a Nail Tech, as badly fitting tips and over-enthusiastic filing has left me with the weakest, most sensitive nails in the world:cry: ! I have very obvious stress lines either side of my natural smile line, and when I first remove any nail enhancement, I end up with a million splinter heammorrages (sp?) all the way across the top of my nail!

I would be interested to hear other's suggestions for fitting tips - as I found that I just can't stand anyone buffing across my nail plate - when tip blending or buffing. This obviously made my training pretty awkward - and I'm sure the Trainers thought I was just being difficult!

As my nails were so weak I had to have something to protect them, or they would just split, bend and tear very easily. So I used BioSculpture Gel to overlay my natural nail, and continued doing this until my nails are now a length that I am happy with. :D
Obviously you could use any product to overlay - BioSculpture suits me as it is very flexible, so my delicate little pinkies bounce back from knocks and bashes!!!
Not sure if this was the help you were after - but I'll be watching this one with interest...:biggrin:

This sounds like wrong tips being fitted or the nail bed being very sensitive to the natural shrinkage of the overlay.

The best tip for the nail is one that has the same 'c' curve. If a tip with a deeper curve is fitted it tries to go back into shape and puts stress on the nail. Ifthis is the case, a flatter tip should be used. In the case of a very flat natural nail (flatter than all tip shapes) then the best thing to do is choose a tip wider than needed and tailor it to fit.

All overlays shrink a little but it is only the most sensitive nail beds that will be affected by this. UV gel tends to shrink the most (the most advanced gels shrink much less than older ones).

Try changing tips as a first option.

Nails done over a year ago should not still be suffering from damage unles the nail bed or or matrix was damaged. Some nails are naturally thin and sensitive but this isn't noticed until artificial nails are applied.

Hope this helps
Marian

I totally agree with Marian here. The poor girl must be very sensitive. I think that enhancements just aren't for everyone. Especially if you can't stand all the filing, and blending. Where are those people who just like to have their natural nails done??

Latest posts

Back