Sorry, another iPad question....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Miss_B

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am looking into buying an iPad and debating whether I need 3g or not. I would like to use one of the many appt book apps there are, but am wondering if I will definitely need 3g to use some of these apps.
Can anyone reccomend an appt book app that I can use and update whilst out and about that doesnt require a 3g connection?

littlekate

Reaction score
I use my chair app and I don't need an Internet connection to use it only to send clients emails or update it etc.. I have only got the wifi iPad no 3G and I never have a problem as I have wifi at home and at work and most coffee shops etc nowadays have wifi access. Hope that helps! X

klzangel

Reaction score
I got mine without 3G

Miss_B

Reaction score
I use my chair app and I don't need an Internet connection to use it only to send clients emails or update it etc.. I have only got the wifi iPad no 3G and I never have a problem as I have wifi at home and at work and most coffee shops etc nowadays have wifi access. Hope that helps! X
Ah thats great thanks, I cant justify spending that much more just for 3G when, like you, will be using it at home mostly and work, I was just worried I might not be able to use an appt book app. So thats answered my question perfectly, thankyou! :)

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
I have 3g and wouldnt be without, it'd be another laptop otherwise.

x

Nails<3

Reaction score
To be honest my iPad2 is 3G and wifi. When I'm at home it's always on wifi as the unlimited internet with my provider isn't actually unlimited and if I dare to watch a film on my iPad I get told my usage has gone :/

The only time 3G is any good is if you are out and about with your iPad. I rarely take mine out as I have an iPhone 4 so it's a mini version so if you have found an app that you can use without 3G then don't bother with it x

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 aswell but use my ipad loads when out and about, I'm one of those saddos who sit there eating lunch using their ipad. I don't use it out and about for work much, unless I'm checking the diary or emails x

Latest posts