Sorry but a few Shellac questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails_4_U

Reaction score
I just have a couple of question about shellac which I have recently started offering. I find myself very heavy on my hands having the free edge wear slightly. Have read on here it is fine to file the wear off to retain the nice tidy look. Have found after I filed it (no problem before) that it seems soft on the free edge? Also if I want to add another coat of colour or top coat after easily getting bored of colours do you just clean with isopropanol alcohol (dsperse is not available is aus) and proceed with colour or top? Thanks in advance for any help xx

I just have a couple of question about shellac which I have recently started offering. I find myself very heavy on my hands having the free edge wear slightly. Have read on here it is fine to file the wear off to retain the nice tidy look. Have found after I filed it (no problem before) that it seems soft on the free edge? Also if I want to add another coat of colour or top coat after easily getting bored of colours do you just clean with isopropanol alcohol (dsperse is not available is aus) and proceed with colour or top? Thanks in advance for any help xx
It seems soft because you no longer are feeling the hardness of the top coat

Use pure isopropyl alcohol as an alternative to disperse. That's what we use here

Hths

It seems soft because you no longer are feeling the hardness of the top coat

Use pure isopropyl alcohol as an alternative to disperse. That's what we use here

Hths

Thanks for your response :) will use isopropanol alcohol to cleanse prior to adding top coat or new colour. Am I fine to add another colour and top coat over an already finished set (2 colour, 1 top coat) and then add another top or will this be too many layers? This is just on myself

I personally think you will have too many layers, but I have seen a few other Geeks on here saying they have done this.

I guess if it's just on you then it doesn't overly matter. Maybe test on one finger first if you aren't sure.

Good luck...let us know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back