Sorry I haven't been around for ages but!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennijar

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry I havent been around for ages, it actually seems like forever but the 5 day fitting of our new B&Q kitchen is now into its fourth week the fit started on the 4th June and it is still not completed, it has been an absolute nightmare all the marble wall and floor tiles had to be removed and re-laid at B&Q's expense due to the fact that the tiler made a total botch job of them, it turned out that he had only been tiling for 6 months and he really hadn't got a clue what he was doing, we are still waiting for the grouting to be done and the rest of the jobs to be finished. Never ever again, I am just glad it is only a once in a lifetime thing for us.

Also you remember Meggie our little brain damaged Lancashire Heeler who was having problems with her eye, well she ended up being rushed to the emergency vets twice and as a result she had to have the lens in her eye removed we still don't know if the op has been successful but her eye is now unstitched and she goes tonight for the last few stitches out of her eye ball.

One good thing to come out of all these weeks of total misery is that I got a letter from College, my tutor kept her word and has given me a place on this years NVQ Level 3 Nail Services course, bless her.

I am now off work with depression and stress, I have forgotten what my bed looks like as I have slept downstairs for the past 3 weeks with Meggie as she can neither eat or drink with her big hat on, plus she keeps walking into things and getting herself in a little tizzy, she has improved a little since she had most of her stitches out on Sunday though and hopefully the hat will be able to be removed very soon. So hopefully you can now see why I haven't been around, but if all goes to plan I should be back real soon.

Joan

What a coincidence I was only thinking about you the other day.

Sounds like you have had your hands full but hopefully things are improving.

Its really nice to hear from you:)

No wonder we haven't seen you for a while ... good to have you back geeking with us again though :hug:

Aw Joan,sorry things aren't great atm,but it is lovely to hear from you again :hug: xx

Missed ya Joan, nice to have you back.

Sending you lots of hugs babes and special hugs to meggie :hug:

Hi good to see you back & sending lots of hugs to Meggie hope she recovers quickly. :hug: :hug:

Meggie is so brave, she has had all the stitches out of her eye with just a local anaesthetic, she had half out on Sunday the ones holding her eye lid shut, the ones that stitched her 3rd eyelid across her eye ball and half of the ones out of her actual eyeball and the rest out of her eyeball last night, she goes back on the 9th July for some pressure tests etc, so we should know more then about how successful the op has been.

I mentioned the saga with my B&Q kitchen, well would you believe my walls are yet again bare of the tiles, the remedial tiler came today to grout the walls and floor, but when he touched the tiles they all started falling off, tomorrow a whole new lot of marble tiles arrive and we start all over again lets just hope it is 3rd time lucky, it is just an absolute nightmare 5 days to do the work has now turned into 5 weeks. Thank goodness the Dr gave me some pills for my nerves or I don't know what would have happened by now.

Joan

Latest posts

Back