Sorry to be thick but..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
I have just been reading through old posts as i did a search about overlays etc as i have been having a few probelms withnatural overlays etc, anyway to the point.. just saw a thread to which Geeg replied

'When you do a natural nail overlay with any system ... always apply a nail form and make sure that the product extends just a little bit further than the natural nail ... if you do not do this, then on any impact, you will tend to split the two layers apart. '

Is this the same as capping? sorry to sound so thick but i have never used a nail form and never been taught to so am a bit confused?

Also recently since using the mtw i have been noticing things and it looks like there may be shrinkage from the gel on the nail has anyone had this before and could describe what it looks like so i know thats what it is? thanks guys in advance x x x

OOh I would like more advice on this as well

Kellyc said:
I have just been reading through old posts as i did a search about overlays etc as i have been having a few probelms withnatural overlays etc, anyway to the point.. just saw a thread to which Geeg replied

'When you do a natural nail overlay with any system ... always apply a nail form and make sure that the product extends just a little bit further than the natural nail ... if you do not do this, then on any impact, you will tend to split the two layers apart. '

Is this the same as capping? sorry to sound so thick but i have never used a nail form and never been taught to so am a bit confused?

Also recently since using the mtw i have been noticing things and it looks like there may be shrinkage from the gel on the nail has anyone had this before and could describe what it looks like so i know thats what it is? thanks guys in advance x x x
Hi Kells: using a nail form ensures that you are capping the natural nail as you are working onto the form (sorry if that doesnt explain too well!). Its something that you can be shown at the next meeting (ask Debs!). I think that you do get shrinkage which is why its essential to make sure the nail is capped to allow for it.

oooooooohhhhhhhh Carole wish i attended your Essex meetings - would like to see this too!

kx

Carole Lindsay said:
Hi Kells: using a nail form ensures that you are capping the natural nail as you are working onto the form (sorry if that doesnt explain too well!). Its something that you can be shown at the next meeting (ask Debs!). I think that you do get shrinkage which is why its essential to make sure the nail is capped to allow for it.

Cheers Caz, so does nayone know what shrinkage looks like?:|

Latest posts

Back