SOS over processed nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeMeMe78

Reaction score
hi all,

ive just soaked off yet another set of acylics(if i admitted exactly how many sets /single nails ive had on and off youd wince), and my natural nails are a disgrace, if i had to turn up at your salon you wouldnt work on me they are in a bad way. i know i should have known better:o.

I have been practising and trying out new techiques and products on myself for the past 3 months, as i am starting out again after a long spell out of the business. Getting back on trend has taken its toll, and my nails have said enough is enough. please understand i def wouldnt under normal circumstances be as harsh on them, nor would i ever proccess anyones elses nails as much without proper tlc and rest in between, i fear i may be told off here!!

Does anyone have any fav products or techniques they use for REALLY abused nails. My diary is chokka over the next month, and my nails aint a good reflection on my new business!

hi all,

ive just soaked off yet another set of acylics(if i admitted exactly how many sets /single nails ive had on and off youd wince), and my natural nails are a disgrace, if i had to turn up at your salon you wouldnt work on me they are in a bad way. i know i should have known better:o.

I have been practising and trying out new techiques and products on myself for the past 3 months, as i am starting out again after a long spell out of the business. Getting back on trend has taken its toll, and my nails have said enough is enough. please understand i def wouldnt under normal circumstances be as harsh on them, nor would i ever proccess anyones elses nails as much without proper tlc and rest in between, i fear i may be told off here!!

Does anyone have any fav products or techniques they use for REALLY abused nails. My diary is chokka over the next month, and my nails aint a good reflection on my new business!

:smack: I think many of us will, at some point, taken our own nails for granted and treated them to so many changes when we just HAVE to try and the 15th new thing that week, that they have taken a bit of a battering.

So, you've reached the point where you've discovered that this take its toll!! Now its time to start taking care of them and be nice! :D

Are they tender? If they are i would PERSONALLY, apply a nice short NNO to them, this will stop you bumping them and causing anymore damage. Lots and lots of solar oil would really help, and most of all.... LEAVE THEM ALONE! Just infill every 2-3 weeks and let the damage grow out. You need to be stern with yourself and really stick to this or they will never have time to recover. xxxx

yeah, the whole shabbang. brittle, tender, red, throb when in warm water! oooo what a mess. They've even broken down past the free edge, look as though ive been feasting on them for a year, and i aint a bitter!
thanks very much for your reply, much appreciated! and i have learnt my lesson dont you worry! they weren't even this bad when i was trainning!!!! :o

yeah, the whole shabbang. brittle, tender, red, throb when in warm water! oooo what a mess. They've even broken down past the free edge, look as though ive been feasting on them for a year, and i aint a bitter!
thanks very much for your reply, much appreciated! and i have learnt my lesson dont you worry! they weren't even this bad when i was trainning!!!! :o

Mine are the same! Too much changing and trying out new things on my poor nails have left them in a state! I've just put natural tips and L&p on them and I have vowed to leave them alone. At least I can paint if I get bored but I going to do just what has been suggested and infill until they grow out, I hope!!!

i have my own in bits too but when i was going through the archives here recently i came across a similiar thread and 1 of the geeks suggested applying a little oil onto your own nail and then applying your l&p as normal. they will fall off in a couple of days without damaging your own nail and you can indulge in whatever new creation you want to from scratch.
brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think it was Ela Loszczyk who came up with that.

CND Solar oil will give you a good helping hand in giving your nails some much needed tlc , it's brilliant stuff :Love:

Oh my that sounds painful!

I think I would probably leave them for a couple of days then as a previous geek has suggested do an NNO and leave them alone. Make sure you get plenty of solar oil on them daily and I would indulge in some of the gorgeous Scentsations too. Hopefully that combo will get them growing healthily in no time :)

Rhiannon

Solar oil and Nailtiques :)

I have had exactly the same thing recently with mine. Just wanted to try all my new things out on them!
When I took gel or acrylic off they were paper thin and bendy. I have been using OPI Nail Envy for soft and thin nails and it is brilliant! I used to original one before but it didn't do much. The one for soft and thin nails has actually made my nails hard again and now I actually have some length on them and am wearing just regular polish for a while!
I still use the nail envy every day over my nail polish though and lots of solar oil as everyone else has suggested!

Good luck :)

i have my own in bits too but when i was going through the archives here recently i came across a similiar thread and 1 of the geeks suggested applying a little oil onto your own nail and then applying your l&p as normal. they will fall off in a couple of days without damaging your own nail and you can indulge in whatever new creation you want to from scratch.
brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think it was Ela Loszczyk who came up with that.

We were told to do this in school if we were practing on each other :D

Latest posts

Back