Sounding off .......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
Well I just have to have a moan here................
OK, tonight a 5 my clients turns up, new Lady, lovely too.........
Maintenance on Silk..............so what could be wrong with that ????

Well plenty...................
It seems she went to a NSS to have her nails done............She had to argue with the staff in there, they where adamant that she needs Acrylics.........she said no way, I like Silk and I want Silk.......Good for her.....the Lady knows what she wants!!!!!!

So I took the polish off and noticed some red marks on the nail plate....????
Surely not , I thought, can't be rings of fire.......after all she has Silks on....!!!!!

Well she then went on to tell me the whole sad saga..........

They prepped her nail with the drill.............she complained and said this is getting hot............. he said thats ok we are nearly done!!!!!!
The they apply the tips, he the blend them again using the drill.........
The drill bit had not been changed ??????
She complains again, it's still getting hot, he then forgets how to speak english !!!!!!!
He then applys the Silk, nothing wrong with that, resin, resin and more resin.........thats ok nothing wrong there either..............
The he finished of the nail, with the same drill bit................
She is getting really mad now and says this is blooming hurting......... he says, in broken english.........this is how it's done !!!!!!! ????????

Now whilst her polish is drying, he is attending another Lady...... same drill bit, no sanitisation and this Lady is having Acrylics applied !!!!!!

Now I know, yes you can prep a nail using a drill, but surely the attachments are so different from when you do an acrylic service ????
And blend a tip with a drill ???? Why ?????
And finish Silk with a drill ????? Why ?????
Silk and Fibreglass are so thin, surely a drill with a acrylic attachment will take off what you have just put on ?????

So look out girls and boys, drill damage also happens in NSS when they are applying Fibreglass or Silk...............

So what did I do?????
Got the Salon name and location.........
Did a maintenance, the old fashioned way, hand filed, boy was she happy.......... But not so happy when I showed her the damage that man had done to her nails ............
But I reassured her, a few month from now and it will all have grown out......... Solar oil, TLC and a Nail Technician that cares........ thats all she needs .............

Sorry had to vent
So now I think MMA is bad , but uneducated reckless drill usage, thats even worse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love Ruth xxxxxx

Yes i had my first smell of mma on saturday :pukeoff:

my client came in i had done her a full set 3 weeks before but she is at univercity in london so she went to a salon there for her infill they told her it would cost her £14.00 they did not use a drill on her never did any prep, filing nothing just sat her down and put on the acrylic they made such a mess they had to cover it up with polish :shock:

So she came back to me i started filing and then it hit me oh that smell :pukeoff: they were so thick aswell so i rang ruth she told me yes mma and in the end it took me 2 and a half hours to get them off she is coming back to me for a new set next weekend

Would just like to thank ruth for all her help and advice :thumbsup:

and i never want to smell that again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back