Sp lashes - hiccup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnythecat

Reaction score
Ive been practising sp lashes for about ten weeks. Have really gone for it and done two to four hours a day, every day.

Reasonably happy now with my technique and speed but have hit a glitch:

This week, five different ladies who had new lashes applied by me on the same couple of days before christmas returned and said that all the lashes came off within approx 5 days. On each one their own lashes were fine.

When i lashed them originally the top had broken off my Flirtirs glue, so i was tipping it out into a glue ring and getting quite a big blob. Consequently, i was using the same blob of glue throughout the entire two hours and not using two or three smaller fresh blobs (hope this makes sense). It seemed ok.

My question is...do you think this was the problem? Or has the glue maybe spoiled as it has no lid (got it covered up with a sticky mess of tinfoil and in an airtight box)?

Phew. I dont want to throw away the glue as it was expensive so would value your thoughts. Thankyou xxxxxx

Hi i dont get away with using the same drop of glue for 2 hours as once it starts to thicken it will not provide a strong bond, If there was no natural lash attached to the extension and all the ladies done on the same day had this premature loss, then yes this probably caused it, I change drops of glue frequently depending on room tempature, flirties glue need to remain thin in texture throughout application hth.

I agree with bodybliss. Sounds like your glue.
Glue needs to be kept in a dark cool place and I find that a blob usually lasts me about 30 mins give or take before it goes floppy and I need a new one!
My top snapped with flirties too and I now use lash emporiums ultra glue.

HTH x

Thank you both for your replies. Was very fed up about it but heigh ho, thats what practise is for :|. Xx

If you put a larger blob of glue into a glue ring, it actually won't dry out as quickly as a small blob on a jade stone so you could use the same glue for 2 hours without it going off.

If the glue is still a thin consistency as you are working with it, it is still good to use.

It is only when it starts to go gloopy and stringy you need to get rid of that lot and sidpense a fresh blob.

I do think your glue is to blame if lots of clients suffered lash loss at the same time.

However, just wanted to point out that a larger blob of glue can be good to use for quite a few hours. x

Latest posts

Back