Spa Management Degree @ Derby University

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adore

Reaction score
Has anyone done or are doing either of the Spa or International Spa Management Degrees (online) with Derby University?

I'm getting closer to my 30th birthday and I've just completed my NVQ BT lv3 (massage route) at college. My tutors feel that I passed lv2 & 3 easily and would do well on a university course but I'm worried it's a step to hard to reach.

I would love to do one of these courses as I intend to start up my own business one day, but could do with some insider opinion and or advice.

How was your experience?

Hi, I have completed 2 years of the spa management degree but due to personal circumstances (new baby and opened my salon) had to put it on hold last year. I enjoyed doing the course but did find the tutor support a bit lacking at times. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info :)

My name is Hannah Hamer and I am currently employed by the University of Derby Online as part of the customer service and operations team. We are always here to help with any enquiries you have have. You can email me at [email protected] or call on 01332 593701.

For more details on modules, fees, and entry requirements for the BSc (Hons) International Spa Management course we offer please visit: http://www.derby.ac.uk/online/international-spa-management-bsc-hons.

It is important that you are working within the industry so that you gain the practical experience together with the theory and study gained on this course. If you would like a more practical based course, you may like to consider our on campus alternatives based in Buxton.

I hope this information helps.

Hi I have just finished doing 3 years in International Spa Management at Derby but on campus. It was great! are you looking at the foundation degree or the Bsc? I would reccomend you do the foundation spa management. This is more focused on just the management side.

It is hard work but worthwhile I think I have learn't a lot from the course and not only about management skills but gained a lot of contacts in the industry and learn't more about the current trends and what is actually happening in the industry.

Since finishing I have taken over a spa that I used to work at and now am managing a team of 5 with 4 treatment rooms. I love it and seriously don't think I would of been able to do it without the degree

If you have any questions please feel free to message me! I'd be happy to help you!
x

I have been considering to go to Derby university, I live very close but I have a little business. I just wonder, do you think I could keep the business going at least for the first year? I have a nice manageress . I know you will be thinking why??? but it is because I know if will help me massively to expand the business later on. What do you think?

I'd love to do it, but with no previous qualifications apart from gcse's I can't do it.

I run my own salon with 2 rooms and 3 staff but I'm stuck with college courses :(

Jem x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

Hi! I have just spotted this thread! I currently live in cumbria and have been looking to do a degree in spa management for the last couple of years but my local college cant get enough people to be able to run the course, and other than that, i would have to travel to newcastle or manchester which are both an hour and a half away and this is not possible because i have a 4 year. Ive tryed looking on the derby website but it keeps telling me that it could be a 'phishing site' which is trying to get my personal information which is worrying me a little bit. Is there anybody who has done this course that would be able to pm me some details? On modules, how it works, the qualifications, the costs etc? I would really appreciate it :) many thanks x

There was a time where they offered the course as a distance learning thing but I dont know if that is still offered or not.

I decided not to do the course because management isn't where my interest is but it was helpful to phone the course leader for more information so I would recommend this.

Hi all,

I have some open days booked for the beauty and spa management degree. I'd really like the opportunity to study abroad for a year, but I'm not sure if this course encourages that. Does anybody know if that is possible??
I was also hoping I could get some help on my personal statement. I have never struggled so much. I can't even decide how to start it!! All I read online is "uni's dismiss this or that opening sentence" etc.
Have you got any advice that can help me please?? I had no idea it would be so hard. All I seem to do is ramble on!! Yet I have all the skills and experience, it's just making it unique and into a statement.

I appreciate it so much xx

Latest posts

Back