Spa pedicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinju

Reaction score
Hi
I am thinking of adding paraffin wax to spa pedicure. Please may I ask name of the products and brands that's popular in the industry?
I wanted to buy heated heated pedicure boots? Is it worth buying the pedicure boots or just use cling film like some salons do? Many thanks in advance.

Hi Chinju

I do paraffin wax and it’s very popular. You do need to train your therapists carefully as they may find it fiddly and messy to apply. There are lots of methods, the main thing is to have your wax on a low heat setting.

You don’t need heated booties with paraffin wax. You use heated booties over a mask. You brush the mask on, wrap in plastic and then slide into the bootie.

For paraffin wax I use a plastic bag and then I slide the foot into a velour booty which is washed after one use. Personally I think that’s easier than trying to sanitise heated booties in between customers.

Paraffin wax is applied over a cream or mask. You can use any brand, I like Cuccio’s derma cream and massage butters. I also like Kaeso body soufflé which is grapefruit fragranced. Years ago I bought loads of Foot products and spent one summer finding out which my clients preferred. Those were the winners.

Paraffin wax comes at all price points. You can get fragranced ones. I make up a mix of soya wax, jojoba wax, jasmine fragranced wax and cheap paraffin wax. It has a lovely yellow colour and great smell. It’s also softer than straight paraffin wax. It makes me happy.

Paraffin wax is inert, so there isn’t much point on having too many nice ingredients added as they won’t penetrate the skin. Spend your money on the mask and massage cream IMO.

Thank you so much The Duchess. Your reply to all my threads has been so much help. I really do appreciate your unconditional help.
I might just buy the electric booties and use mask rather than paraffin wax for now.
while I am here, please may I ask you a quick question? Council said I can start waxing and threading pretty much as soon as I reopen in April. I know most beauty rooms require a wash basin. I remember someone from the council saying. I don’t need a wash basin/sink if it’s just waxing and threading. Is this true ? I know for mani pedi, massage and facial require wash basins in the treatment room. Sorry to ask you so many questions.Thank you xxx

You don’t need a wash basin in the room but it is good practise to wash your hands after every service. Even if you wear gloves you should still wash your hands thoroughly. This is because you need clean hands to handle the gloves, otherwise the gloves aren’t clean.

i have a wall hung hand sanitizer in my treatment room that I operate with my elbow. I sanitise my gloved hands just before I touch the client and when I finish. I don’t have a sink in my room. I take my gloves off and throw them in the bin before I leave the room, then I hold a tissue to turn the door handle. I go and wash my hands and then when the client has left I sanitise the door handle.

I fitted brass handles without lacquer because the copper content kills germs - even Covid. It takes up to 4 hours so I still need to sanitise the handle. I sanitise the clients hands before they go into my treatment room. I still clean anywhere the client may touch afterwards but it is good to know their hands were clean at the start of the treatment.

I clean the bathroom after each use as well. It’s important to pay attention to these details because clients notice and appreciate it when you are concerned about hygiene.

Good luck Chinju

You don’t need a wash basin in the room but it is good practise to wash your hands after every service. Even if you wear gloves you should still wash your hands thoroughly. This is because you need clean hands to handle the gloves, otherwise the gloves aren’t clean.

i have a wall hung hand sanitizer in my treatment room that I operate with my elbow. I sanitise my gloved hands just before I touch the client and when I finish. I don’t have a sink in my room. I take my gloves off and throw them in the bin before I leave the room, then I hold a tissue to turn the door handle. I go and wash my hands and then when the client has left I sanitise the door handle.

I fitted brass handles without lacquer because the copper content kills germs - even Covid. It takes up to 4 hours so I still need to sanitise the handle. I sanitise the clients hands before they go into my treatment room. I still clean anywhere the client may touch afterwards but it is good to know their hands were clean at the start of the treatment.

I clean the bathroom after each use as well. It’s important to pay attention to these details because clients notice and appreciate it when you are concerned about hygiene.

Good luck Chinju

Thank you Duchess. I will bear in mind all the pointers you have given in your reply. You are a star xxx

Hi Du
Hi Chinju

I do paraffin wax and it’s very popular. You do need to train your therapists carefully as they may find it fiddly and messy to apply. There are lots of methods, the main thing is to have your wax on a low heat setting.

You don’t need heated booties with paraffin wax. You use heated booties over a mask. You brush the mask on, wrap in plastic and then slide into the bootie.

For paraffin wax I use a plastic bag and then I slide the foot into a velour booty which is washed after one use. Personally I think that’s easier than trying to sanitise heated booties in between customers.

Paraffin wax is applied over a cream or mask. You can use any brand, I like Cuccio’s derma cream and massage butters. I also like Kaeso body soufflé which is grapefruit fragranced. Years ago I bought loads of Foot products and spent one summer finding out which my clients preferred. Those were the winners.

Paraffin wax comes at all price points. You can get fragranced ones. I make up a mix of soya wax, jojoba wax, jasmine fragranced wax and cheap paraffin wax. It has a lovely yellow colour and great smell. It’s also softer than straight paraffin wax. It makes me happy.

Paraffin wax is inert, so there isn’t much point on having too many nice ingredients added as they won’t penetrate the skin. Spend your money on the mask and massage cream IMO.

Hi Duchess,
I trust all is well. I wanted to ask you a quick question about heated booties and gel polish. Do you apply the gel polish before or after the mask/heated booties/mitts treatment? My only worry about doing the gel polish first might lift the polish once it goes inside the heated botties/mitts?
Thanking you in advance
Chinju xx

We normally gel polish first. I’d be worried I wouldn’t get good adhesion to the nail after a deep hydrating treatment. It’s also very relaxing to have a heat treatment, so it’s a nice end to the treatment.

Latest posts

Back