Spa therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been working in spas for 8+ years and this is me now......View attachment 78798

Completely detached ligament which I had operated on last week with 3 nice metal wires in now holding it all together 😭 out of work for months recovering now 😩

Oh my gosh dannipittboot! I'm so sorry you are in this position. I hope you make a speedy recovery and you are keeping your spirits up. I had no idea spa work could cause so many problems!

Oh my gosh dannipittboot! I'm so sorry you are in this position. I hope you make a speedy recovery and you are keeping your spirits up. I had no idea spa work could cause so many problems!

Aww thank you lovely, just an example of what can happen in extreme circumstances. Don't get me wrong this has only happened over the last 12 months. Working is spas gives you alot of experience and brilliant cv potential but like others have said it has a short shelf life.

There are plenty of high end salons/day spas that are a happy medium.

I'm looking at leaving the industry now because I've been advised I could reverse the whole procedure if I continue to work under those conditions.

But hey ho, I can't let it stop me looking at salon work or a "normal" job *shudders*.

Hope you get all the information you need and good luck with your future career choices 😊 xx

Aww thank you lovely, just an example of what can happen in extreme circumstances. Don't get me wrong this has only happened over the last 12 months. Working is spas gives you alot of experience and brilliant cv potential but like others have said it has a short shelf life.

There are plenty of high end salons/day spas that are a happy medium.

I'm looking at leaving the industry now because I've been advised I could reverse the whole procedure if I continue to work under those conditions.

But hey ho, I can't let it stop me looking at salon work or a "normal" job *shudders*.

Hope you get all the information you need and good luck with your future career choices 😊 xx

I'm sorry to hear you are having to leave beauty, especially if it's something you are passionate about but maybe a change is a positive step towards new adventures.
Thanks for sharing your experience and yes I am satisfied I have the info I wanted and really appreciate everyone taking the time to reply.

Hope you make a speedy recovery

Sweet jeebus that photo really brings it home! That could be anyone it happens to no matter how good a massage technique is used.

The job satisfaction is there initially. Can't deny that but ethically and morally I have a massive problem with an industry that works people to such a state of injury.

I want to work in education....maybe beauty or another subject....something where I can work with people in a creative way where my health and well being is not exploited. Makes my hands ache just thinking about spa work!

Sweet jeebus that photo really brings it home! That could be anyone it happens to no matter how good a massage technique is used.

The job satisfaction is there initially. Can't deny that but ethically and morally I have a massive problem with an industry that works people to such a state of injury.

I want to work in education....maybe beauty or another subject....something where I can work with people in a creative way where my health and well being is not exploited. Makes my hands ache just thinking about spa work!

Well said! Well I've definitely had my eyes well and truly opened to what spa work is like and can honestly say I'm glad I asked for therapists opinions before I applied or even accepted a job in one

Latest posts

Back