SpaManicure course woes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
I have just come across my first disappointment with creative.
I have a nail training booklet which tells you all about all the training courses available.
I have bought a manicure kit and in the booklet it says "free training when you buy the kit", I was very disappointed to find out they want you to buy the pedicure kit as well to receive the training.
I don`t have the facility where I hire my space for nails to do pedicures so I don`t want to buy the pedicure kit.
I dearly wanted to have creative training for manicure and I may do it one day but the other courses will take preference but it is very disappointing when it says in the little book that its free but when you buy it its £50 if not buying both kits

Debbie is definately right on this one Mrs Geek because I've just paid for it. My daughter, after doing her foundation training the other week bless her!, wanted to do the Spa Mani training. Well she actually wanted to do both but we can't sell pedis in our salon as we have no area to do it in. So she opted for the Spa Mani, we bought the kit and had to pay £50 because she wasn't doing both.
Jane

debbiepromotions said:
I have bought a manicure kit and in the booklet it says "free training when you buy the kit", I was very disappointed to find out they want you to buy the pedicure kit as well to receive the training.

Really :huh: I was going to get the Spa Manicure Kit/Training too and really didn't think that there was any "but" to it...it simply said free training with the kit! Well, I was reluctant to get into pedicures just yet (trying to brace myself having heard so many yucky stories of grossly neglected feet :pukeoff:) but maybe I'll just have to go for it as I did really want the creative training and also, gel polish on toe nails seems to be on the up so I guess I'm gonna have to start dealing with feet :(. Saying that, the kit does come with an instructional video however though, doesn't it?

The kits do come with a video and it shows both services on the video too. I do have a manicure qualification so its not such a big deal but the products are so nice I would have liked to have gone along for the training but I`m reluctant to pay £50 for it when the book says its free with the kit

There has obviously been some misunderstanding here. The SpaManicure course is free with purchase of a kit. The SpaPedicure class is free with the purchase of a kit. You do not need to buy both to attend a class.

The only exception to the free rule is if
  • You haven't bought the kit (i.e. you got it ages ago or have open stock)
  • You are taking the course at a CNA that is not attached to a OSNS
    [/list:o]

As Mrs. Geek mentioned... call the education line in Leeds and they will clarify it for you and even book your course.
    I will speak to the OSNS and CNA in Essex and make sure they haven't gotten their wires crossed (one reason why 99% of all bookings are done through HQ in Leeds)

Hope this helps

debbiepromotions said:
The kits do come with a video and it shows both services on the video too. I do have a manicure qualification so its not such a big deal but the products are so nice I would have liked to have gone along for the training but I`m reluctant to pay £50 for it when the book says its free with the kit

Hmm, I know what you're saying, a video isn't quite the same (plus you don't get the benefit of luxuriating in a Spa Manicure yourself too when your fellow student has to practice on you) ;). Silly question, but is there absolutely no way you can extend your hired space at all (assuming you would do pedicures if you did have the facility)?

are you reading the book that comes inside the kit?? as in the USA Spa Mani kit (maybe what you read is what they do in the US) :?: We have had loads of people just buy whichever kit they want and come and do THAT training FOR free - if you don't want to do Pedi - than don't do it... We don't put 'catches' in - think there is a misunderstanding and I suggest that you call 0113 275 0433 to clarify as soon as possible!! :?

Thats interesting mrs Geek, I will ring to clarify.
I bought the kit from Essex one stop shop when I went along to do my foundation course. I spoke to Mike and Tracy there who told me I wouldn`t receive the training unless I bought both kits and I took that to be gospel. Maybe I can live in hope after all

call Janet on that previous number - tell her I asked you to call and why - I am sure we will get to the bottom of this!!!! :D

Thank you, first on my to do list for tomorrow,
you`ve been really helpful as usual

hi ya...i did creative spa day on friday and there was peeps in my class who wasnt doing both the manicure and pedicure and still got the training for free, same as in the pedicure, there was 1 lady who didnt do the manicure, but she still got the pedicure training free...and its a luvly day, ule love it...vicky xxx

I have bought many Spa Manicure kits (I'm addicted to this stuff, and you get a very good value for your buck)...but I have never seen that it comes with a free class :( (am I blind ;) ?)

Or maybe the classes are not available in Canada ( wouldn't be surpriced)

this is what we do in the UK - don't think it applies else where as we create our own agendas for the UK Creative Nail Academies - maybe you can offer your subs this as an idea :?: :idea: ;)

If you buy your Spa Mani/Pedi kits at Jaguar/Beauty Systems/Monarch they usually have a listing of courses in that month's flyer - these have been listed occasionally and they are free with purchase of either kit. Hope that helps! You just have to look in the back pages of the flyer for a convenient location and date near you.

I did speak to Janet on that number and she assured me I could do the training for free and she was going to ring them at OSNS in Essex and get them to ring me.
They did ring me but I wasn`t in and I didn`t get much of a message (daughter works nights and had been woke up). I had to go up there today for stock and I spoke to a young lady there and she said that as Tracy runs the Academy independently she can do that if she wants and that I won`t get the training free if she says not.
Looks like I will be speaking to Janet again tomorrow but it now looks like I`m causing bad feeling up there and they may not pass me on my course now. Perhaps I should ask to have this training at Hammersmith.

Don't stress about it. We set the standards and they have to follow it... simple as that. I will call them tomorrow and sort it out. There is obviously a breakdown of communication somewhere.

Thanks for that, I am a worrier but more than that I don`t like to upset anyone and I think I`ve upset Tracey over this. I don`t usually rock the boat this much but after having a glimpse of creative products and training I do want to do this course and I only want what is advertised in booklet. If it didn`t say it was free I would have paid for it.

I wanted to let everyone know I am booked on my spa manicure morning. I spoke to Tracey and she was really, really, really lovely and sooooooo helpful.
Thanks to Mr and Mrs Geek for their help, without them I would have had my winge and missed out on what will be a beautiful morning.

It's great to hear that you got it all sorted in the end.
So enjoy the day
love Ruth xxx

Glad to hear that Debbie. I'd better call HO again tomorrow as nobody got back to me on Monday as promised and I've already parted with my £50.
Enjoy the course, the Spa Manicure products are great!
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back