spare time in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackie1

Reaction score
I am currently renting a small room (8'X10') in a local gym and
was wondering what your thoughts were about practising on my nail trainer hand when quiet, which is often :rolleyes: . Do you think this would
look unprofessional :?: . As a new tech I would love to sit and do this
but don't want to give of the wrong impression.

Jackie X

hi jackie

i think this would look very professional and could attract attention to what your doing which could result in another customer if they like what they see.
Also practice does make perfect so when them customers do come along youll be getting quicker and more skilled at doing the nails due to the extra practice...i would definitely do it if i were you...it probably looks better than reading a newspaper to pass time or texting with your mates etc lol

collette

I have done this and just one thing to add, when somebody asks you what you're doing, don't say "practicing" or if they ask you if you are "practicing" don't say yes !!! Say you have been asked to try out a new product, or technique. By all means show them what you are doing. But don't ever use the word practice (trust me I know from experience). It makes you look like a novice. Nobody else needs to know that but you ;)

scratchmyback said:
I have done this and just one thing to add, when somebody asks you what you're doing, don't say "practicing" or if they ask you if you are "practicing" don't say yes !!! Say you have been asked to try out a new product, or technique. By all means show them what you are doing. But don't ever use the word practice (trust me I know from experience). It makes you look like a novice. Nobody else needs to know that but you ;)

EXCELLENT ADVICE!!

Thankyou for the replies, great advice :D . "Trying out new
techniques" I love it :D .

Jackie X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back