special offer on tan bed (bad or not??)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
while i was at my sisters this week we went to the local shop and there is a tanning place there, i had a look in the window and there was a whoping great big sign saying "special offer, £35 for unlimited time on the tanning booth"
i went in and asked if this was the uv tanning or spray tanning and was told it was uv tanning, and that clients can go on everyday for as long as they want, so this started a debate between me and my sister as i thought it was a bad offer to have but she thought it was a great offer,

surely this shouldnt be advertised as you will have people in there everyday getting totaly over exposed, etc, i know its down to the customer but isnt this encouraging overexposure??? that could lead to problems later on aspecialy if maybe they get people that cant normaly have tanning and these people really wana make the most of it

maybe im just a moaner, lol

Sounds very irresponsible to me. I think it may invalidate their insurance (it they have any). Where I used to work we would only allow the time the was suited to the clients' skin, and not allowed back within a 24 hour period, that was what was advised by the tanning company (I think, this is going back 4 years)

Clearly they are not a member of the Sunbed Association! In theory it is a very good offer for clients who use sunbeds regularly as they can really get their money's worth. However, it is definitely increasing the risk of overexposure. Most tanning clients would try to get the most for their money by hammering the sunbed for as long as possible, as often as possible. It is totally irresponsible & would probably cause them problems with insurance if any complaints arise. I would never dream of offering a deal like this to my tanning clients as I am a member of the Sunbed Association & follow their guidelines. Tanning in moderation can be a good thing (vitamin D, clearing up acne, relieving back pain, etc) but is damaging to the skin if done too frequently or for too long. I don't think it is a good offer in reality as it may save the client money but it encourages over-use.

"special offer, £35 for unlimited time on the tanning booth"

OMG! That is unbelievable, do these people not realize the damage it can cause. How irresponsible are they?

i have phoned my sister and asked her to do a little reserch for me, i asked her to go enquiring about the offer and told her to drop in to the conversation about her ill health as she has a few problems, i wana see if they tell her the same as they told me wich was yes i could go on the bed as much as i like for a whole month, they didnt even ask any questions, its really nigling me

See if they have any restriction as to length of sessions, time between sessions, etc. I know they say unlimited but is it unlimited within certain health restrictions? They should at least follow the health & safety guidelines of 24 hours between sessions & restrict time of sessions to manufacturer recommendations.

Latest posts

Back