Spiders!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ladies, I was so bad with it.

I had to give up being a postie cos of it.

I was depressed over it for several years.

Now, I don't want my son to be like me so went for CBT. As long as you have an incentive, it works.

Like I said earlier, I don't love them but can handle it much better than

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Sorry son pressed send...

As I wad saying better than freaking out, crying, panic attacks, vomiting, hitting the person next to me for not killing it quick enough etc.

Not proud of what it did to me but I won't let an irrational fear dictate me anymore.

H x

Sorry son pressed send...

As I wad saying better than freaking out, crying, panic attacks, vomiting, hitting the person next to me for not killing it quick enough etc.

Not proud of what it did to me but I won't let an irrational fear dictate me anymore.

H x

Ahh you were really bad, pleased you can cope better now, must of been terrible for you x x

I know how things can effect people, joking aside for some it controls their life. I'm not that bad but they really freak me out.

Well done for facing your fears that could not have been easy x

It was really hard to begin with, the councellor would show me pictures and record my anxiety levels over time, the exposure decreased the levels, now the pictures are on a cupboard next to where I wash up.so everyday I see this pics and chat to my son about them.

We've named them, Boris, Horatio, Wilbur and other spidery names lol.

I ended with her visiting my home and leaving me with 2 in a jar that sat on the wondowsill. Sadly they died so my husband always hunts for one to replace them with.

Much better than I was this time last year.

Tell you what, I'd always wanted to do a zipwire but am afraid of ladders. I'll go on a plane no probs but ladder forget it! The people I was with coaxed and clappef every step I took and by Hell I did it.

Got to top and I was about 40ft up in the air, legs were shaking so bad, they almost refused to let me do it. But I did it, flying through the trees like Tarzan lol. Best feeling ever.

Not bad going for a self-confessed pussy, eh?

I once let a daddy long leg live in the corner of our bathroom cuz I saw it had caught a few silverfish in its web (I HATE any bugs in my home!). A few weeks down the line, the spider was still there... NOT catching anything, and the silverfish population was getting out of hand. My other half is against killing living things (other than mosquitoes) so I raided the entire bathroom, killing the lazy spider in the process. Vaccuumed all the dead critters and called it a day. Daddy long legs don't freak me out all that much. They're skinny. Move slow, and look easy to smush. It's those big, fat, black ones and the little stripey, jumping ones that I cry about. UGH! Yucky!

Daddy long legs... Hell no! Pointless creation. Like a moth crossed with a spider... Why???

They are the most venomous thing in the World but they can't kill because their 'teeth' are too soft for humans.

I am so sad knowing all this.

Actually that's a myth. I recall an episode of Bill Nye the Science guy where he discredited that rumour. I think Mythbusters did, too. Their fangs aren't hollow. They're more for grasping, than injecting. I later learned its "venom" is also quite weak even for insects, which was why I sprayed that sucker down with some raid! :lol: if a spider's gonna mess up my corner with its ugly web, it better be eating pests!

I also wasn't aware craneflies are called daddy longlegs on this side of the pond. I think the one I'm referring to is a cellar spider. Totally useless, lazy creature!

I was told that conkers were a good deterant for spiders and there never sempt to be any in my brothers room and he has conkers in there so we got loads and but them round the house like under the cuboards and stuff. Yesterday imagine my suprise I looked behind the sofa and there was a huge spider just chilled out next to the conker. So in conclusion I don't know what you can do but the conker thing is rubbish.
I too tried the conker method as I am absolutely petrified of spiders! When it was autumn I had them all over the house and for a couple of weeks no spiders! I think they have to be 'fresh'! Even thinking about them gives me the heebie jeebies!

OMG me and hubby sitting watching tv in bed and a bloody huge spider runs across the bedroom floor !!!!!! What is going on !!!! Lol x

Aw... wish I could be all of your personal spider removers! Humanely of course! :biggrin:

As long as you promise to come KILL any moths or maybugs that find there way into my house... no need for humanely there just kill the disgusting creatures!! :Scared:

:Love:

OMG me and hubby sitting watching tv in bed and a bloody huge spider runs across the bedroom floor !!!!!! What is going on !!!! Lol x

Omg omg omg!! I'd cry :Scared:

Lol... two of the bad boys in my house this morning, neither of which I can reach. They had better hide before the boyfriend gets home from work later because at 6'4'' he CAN reach and he will not be so kind on them :rolleyes:

Lol I made hubby get out of bed and get rid of it, wish I'd taken a pic cause he/she was huge !!! Horrible

Like the majority on here i too am a complete wimp when it comes to any kind of insect especially spiders!!
I rescued a little kitten about 6 months ago though that was born down behind my garden an my gosh does she love them! I think the poor creatures have realised they aint welcome here no more she turns like a wild beast to get at them! lol!
My boyfriend tried to make me 'face my fear' a few weeks ago. The cat was goind mad and i found a very dead spider where she was, so i was ordered to pick it up in tissue and bin it. I nearly had a panick attack crying and everything... I couldn't do it!
Even the kitten stopped what she was doing and looked at me like i was mad! :o

Can I borrow your cat please, bless her thats what I need in my house.
We have had a further 3 spiders in the same room so me and hubby cleared out under the bed etc and found nothing !!!!! So I still don't know why we have so many in that bedroom x

I can only dip in and out, briefly, on this thread as I'm so stupid about those 8 legged creatures.
What is it about them?

Any rodents, mice, rats, fine.
Snakes? How beautiful.
Wasps? Bloomin' painful stings, ( specially if they get inside your jeans. Don't ask...) But just a nuisance, and I shoo them out.
Bees? Fabulous, fascinating creatures.

But....those other creatures. Nooooooooo!!!

well i live on a farm in the middle of nowhere so spiders are plentiful but so are all other types of creature .

i don't mind spiders except when have to go outside at night and get web brushed over my face ...annoying!!!

i really hate blue bottles ...the down side of warm weather...

AND midges...they bite and bite and there's millions of them when the weather is warm but it's about to rain...:irked:

I must be one of the very few people who dont mind spiders. I could lie there and let a hundred crawl all over me and it wouldnt bother me one little bit. Snakes on the other hand make me come out in a cold sweat. Its their darting movement.....aaaaaargh:Scared:

This was in my lounge wall the other night! Was bloomin' huuuuuge! Was scared to sleep that night lol!

X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340986720.052417.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340986720.052417.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 141

Latest posts

Back