Spilled wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rita Crawford

Reaction score
Hey,
So I happened to spill wax all over my car seat! Anyone know how I can remove this without ruining the seat?

Attachments

• 14060A4D-4A5E-44F6-8608-AC4F29C6675D.jpeg
    14060A4D-4A5E-44F6-8608-AC4F29C6675D.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 77
Hey,
So I happened to spill wax all over my car seat! Anyone know how I can remove this without ruining the seat?

Wax remover and wax sticks to scrape really. It comes out of carpet unnoticed but I have clothes that it will never come out of properly. Just looks greasy and are still a little sticky tens of washes later. You’d be better off reupholstering the seat and then using a plastic sheet over them when working.

Hey,

I’d scrape as much off as possible. Perhaps pour some wax remover into the fabric. Soak it up with lots of kitchen roll then stick a seat cover over it if it still is sticky or looks horrid.

I have done this before! I ended up putting greaseproof paper and ironing it off!
I also got it in my hair once and used coconut oil it was amazing it just broke the wax down. Good luck

I’d scrape as much off as possible. Perhaps pour some wax remover into the fabric. Soak it up with lots of kitchen roll then stick a seat cover over it if it still is sticky or looks horrid.

Thank you !!

I have done this before! I ended up putting greaseproof paper and ironing it off!
I also got it in my hair once and used coconut oil it was amazing it just broke the wax down. Good luck

Awww amazing thank you! Did it come completely off?

Baby oil will remove it

Let me know what worked for you.

Hey,
It happened to me aswell! I used a hair dryer to melt the wax and wipe off as much as I can then reheated the area with hair dryer and used some white spirit to get the residue of wax out! It's headache and it's gonna take you couple of hours but I think it's worth it!

Latest posts

Back