Split end treatments - opinions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
what do you all think of the treatments that get rid of split ends? I am not brand loyal so any suggestion is good. My niece is 13 and straightening her fine hair to death, she uses a protection spray but its still not good, she has totally natural fine hair which I guess doesn't have a lot of stretch, she is trying to tie it up for school now to save the straighteners but its breaking off where the covered band sits as well.
I cut it every 6-8 weeks but its hard to catch all the little blighters!

I think the only way to get rid of split ends is to cut them. She must use a good shampoo and conditioner and try to stop straightening her hair - fine hair is delicate so will be even more prone to split ends .. HTH :)

hmm its true, you cant get rid of split ends, you can only cut them off. There are some products on the market that temporarily glue them together (like pureology split end mender) but this wont fix the problem. A good shampoo and conditioner like Joico K pak or Pureology (any, probably volume of hydrate but theyre all ace)
Joico also do a K Pak straightening balm that heat protects, rebuilds, protects from humidity, adds a sparkle, does your washing up and calls you in the morning.....you know what I mean - good all rounder:wink2:
If its breaking around the band its probably too brittle and could do with softening up....perhaps morrocan oil may help?
xxxx

thanks my local geeks, when she grows out of the straightening faze and lets her dry naturally it'll all sort itself out, she has delicious soft waves with gentle curl at the end - what everyone else is wanting at the moment!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back