Split-ender pro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Has any one seen this split-ender pro advertised?
Interested to hear what fellow Hairdresser think about it!? X

Urgh *eyeroll*

Just what we need. Any hairdresser can remove split ends without this contraption so it's only going to be general public buying it.

The small vid that was advertising it had me watching in horror! Very small sections and going over the hair till it was shining and soft wtf??

I just saw the video on fb... No.. Just... No... :confused:

I went into capital yesterday and the woman must've had the rep in as she started raving about it!!! It removes split ends?? What, like a haircut? Just another fad.

I went into capital yesterday and the woman must've had the rep in as she started raving about it!!! It removes split ends?? What, like a haircut? Just another fad.

We can't get every split end with a regular haircut.

All the hairs are growing at a different rate so you have hairs half the size of the length with a split on.

I see the splitender as a fast, easy and effective way to do a dusting... But that noise is scary for us and clients.

On my obviously damaged clients, I go through and use different techniques to take off the split ends.

It doesn't take long. I look 'amazing' because I'm doing something no other hairdresser has done that. And I didn't need a contraption for it.

On my obviously damaged clients, I go through and use different techniques to take off the split ends.

It doesn't take long. I look 'amazing' because I'm doing something no other hairdresser has done that. And I didn't need a contraption for it.

You're more than right. We don't need a contraption to take of split ends/mid-splitends... We just need the right techniques; but the splitender is perfect for lazy hairdressers.

Wow have these come back round again?! I bought one of these about 10 years ago! I had long hair that I didn't know how to care for back then and got sold on the advert on QVC lol (obv I'm not a hair pro :) )

It took 2 hours to do my whole head and made the split ends worse everywhere. the blades are quite blunt- certainly not as sharp as a proper pair of scissors so break the hair instead of cutting, and they don't catch the hair ends properly either.
Doesn't compare to a talented hair pro at all lol. And yes Cams, the noise is horrifying

I can see it having a positive marketing aspect, and used in the right way may attract new clients into a salon.
It might look impressive and everyone loves a gadget but removing splits should be a part of your cutting technique anyway. I call it a fad simply because I can see clients getting excited about it initially but it will soon fade.

Yep completely agree, possible it may be bought by public to use but really you'd want those dog ends of the length surely? It's so loud! Looking at time scale for such small sections you could of done a restyle in that time?! X

This looks like a dreadful product!

Yep completely agree, possible it may be bought by public to use but really you'd want those dog ends of the length surely? It's so loud! Looking at time scale for such small sections you could of done a restyle in that time?! X

Actually we only sell our product to profession, and licensed, hair stylists the world over. We use to have a general consumer version of the product available but that line has been discontinued with the production of the Split-Ender Pro.

The Split-Ender is designed to remove only the damaged tips of the hair without sacrificing the overall length. It is extremely precise, and easy to use. This is perfect for people with frizzy or split ends but want to continue having long healthy hair. We have been in production since the early 2000’s, though the Pro version has only been around for a few years.

If any of you have any questions about our product we would be happy to answer them for you.

Have a lovely day :)

How can a tool possibly differentiate between a 'SPLIT END', and an 'END'! o_O'.
Hair at any one time, is growing at different rates, so we have a head FULL of varying lengths, some of which, will be new hair, some layers/texturising, and ends which will not be split, but just 'flare out' towards their end.
How will this tool 'know' what is a damaged hair to be removed?:confused:

How can a tool possibly differentiate between a 'SPLIT END', and an 'END'! o_O'.
Hair at any one time, is growing at different rates, so we have a head FULL of varying lengths, some of which, will be new hair, some layers/texturising, and ends which will not be split, but just 'flare out' towards their end.
How will this tool 'know' what is a damaged hair to be removed?:confused:

The Split-Ender Pro is designed specifically to only snip 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch off the tips of the hair. It patented design brings only the tips that are frizzed or split ends that are sticking up out of the clients hair. It does not remove length, only the tips that are sticking out.

The Split-Ender Pro is designed specifically to only snip 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch off the tips of the hair. It patented design brings only the tips that are frizzed or split ends that are sticking up out of the clients hair. It does not remove length, only the tips that are sticking out.

Sorry, I'm not getting what you mean.....
How does this 'tool' decide what END is "just an end, splaying out",
and an END that is split or damaged?o_O
You say it removes 1/8 - 1/4 inch.....that will make 'THAT HAIR' SHORTER.:confused:

My hair is curly.
Most of my ENDS, do not lay flat.
That does not mean they are 'split ends'.:p

Your tool would have a field day ....and I'd be left with zero weight, and wispy woo......:oops:

Sorry, I'm not getting what you mean.....
How does this 'tool' decide what END is "just an end, splaying out",
and an END that is split or damaged?o_O
You say it removes 1/8 - 1/4 inch.....that will make 'THAT HAIR' SHORTER.:confused:

My hair is curly.
Most of my ENDS, do not lay flat.
That does not mean they are 'split ends'.:p

Your tool would have a field day ....and I'd be left with zero weight, and wispy woo......:oops:
Hehe

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 21
I get the feeling 'split-ender' is a sales person and hasn't the foggiest what you're on about @RED STAR!

I'm all for using good techniques than contraptions!

Actually this account is run by customer service not sales. Sales only interacts directly with salons and distributers. We are simply here to answer any questions our fellow professionals may have about our product.

To answer @RED STAR ’s question, yes the split ender does trip the very tip of ever strand of hair that runs through it, but only cuts 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch off depending on what setting you have it set on. This is where damage or weakening of the hair occurs most often, when it is removed it leaves behind the rest of the healthy strand, save that small fraction at the very end of it.

As for curly hair, it depends on how curly you are talking. If it is curly but can be pulled straight with a comb then the Split-Ender should still work just fine. However extremely curly, such as kinky or certain afro-textured hair, would need to be strained before being able to use the Split-Ender Pro.

There are full demonstrations on our website, www.splitenderpro.com, if you are interested in checking them out. We will also be at Cosmoprof Itally this week at pavilion 25. If you are in the area of Bologna, Itally, feel free to drop by and meet the inventor and founder of the company.

Latest posts

Back