Split ender pro?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut butter

Reaction score
Soo I am in fact a professional hair stylist but due to the crazy numbers out in the US, my hub is totally against me getting a needed dust. I can cut his hair but my hair no... just can’t. I can color it lol but no cut. My business closed down too so no coworkers to give me a helping hand...

My instincts say this split ender pro is a big no no and may cause more long term damage but I see it’s marketed for pros. I would never use this on a client but lol like do you think it’d be ok to get it in this covid time to get me by? I am just afraid of going bald haha Thanks 😊

Anyone? :) would it be better to leave it alone with all the splits or?

I get my scissors out and cut mine myself and it’s a pixie cut. The back isn’t perfect but it will do for now.
If you put layers in it, it shouldn’t be too difficult to cut it yourself?

I haven’t used the split end gadget thing myself as it sounds a bit too gimmicky.

I get my scissors out and cut mine myself and it’s a pixie cut. The back isn’t perfect but it will do for now.
If you put layers in it, it shouldn’t be too difficult to cut it yourself?

I haven’t used the split end gadget thing myself as it sounds a bit too gimmicky.

Thanks. Yea I was worried about messing up the back lol Ok maybe I'll just do it the old fashioned way and deal with a little imperfection. I have to be honest--- the split ender pro was also just something I am curious about. :p It is gimmicky though and I would never use it on a client. LOL. Just seems so quick and effortless lol :p

I did have a rep come into the salon a few years ago and demonstrated on a rather battered dolls head and it did do the job, although yeah as a hairdresser I just feel it was a lazy way of doing clients I feel the same about using hot brushes on clients 🤣

I did have a rep come into the salon a few years ago and demonstrated on a rather battered dolls head and it did do the job, although yeah as a hairdresser I just feel it was a lazy way of doing clients I feel the same about using hot brushes on clients 🤣

I agree. It’s not right to charge a client the same price for a haircut if you plan to use these tools.
But if that’s the case and it’s just for personal use I may just get it. I’m not going anywhere due to the high numbers of covid where I live and I just need the splits taking care of tbh

I've got one and it's easy for using on myself and does a pretty decent job. It misses sometimes a few on the ends but those are easy to cut myself

Cool, maybe it’s worth the investment

What about using the twist method? Take a small section, twist tightly and take off the split ends that come out of the twist? I've never tried it but my old boss used to do it on all her clients who just wanted a trim

What about using the twist method? Take a small section, twist tightly and take off the split ends that come out of the twist? I've never tried it but my old boss used to do it on all her clients who just wanted a trim

Yea, I tried that but I have some short chunky layers in the back. It can be a pain in the ass. I just kinda went for AcidPerm method yesterday and cut it myself. It came out ok but not perfect. TBH I am home for now so I don't really care anymore. XD

Just to update, cut and colored all myself but still interested in the split ender pro. Maybe I’m just getting lazy. If I can’t get out by my next haircut heck maybe I’ll just test it out

Attachments

• D5625B93-0B66-43C7-8C04-B982F50354E4.jpeg
    D5625B93-0B66-43C7-8C04-B982F50354E4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
Soo I am in fact a professional hair stylist but due to the crazy numbers out in the US, my hub is totally against me getting a needed dust. I can cut his hair but my hair no... just can’t. I can color it lol but no cut. My business closed down too so no coworkers to give me a helping hand...

My instincts say this split ender pro is a big no no and may cause more long term damage but I see it’s marketed for pros. I would never use this on a client but lol like do you think it’d be ok to get it in this covid time to get me by? I am just afraid of going bald haha Thanks 😊

Haha and then there’s me who let my husband loose on my hair. It actually came out really well. I brushed it all back, pointed out length and said cut it all this length. It was a nightmare as he tugged my head back and made a cut..so instead of 2 inches I got a Bob once we fixed it. But still just got him to do a straight line after the mess up and then I did point cutting until it was decent.

I’m a barber so have no clue how to do very long hair like it was. You should trust yourself and go for it!

Haha and then there’s me who let my husband loose on my hair. It actually came out really well. I brushed it all back, pointed out length and said cut it all this length. It was a nightmare as he tugged my head back and made a cut..so instead of 2 inches I got a Bob once we fixed it. But still just got him to do a straight line after the mess up and then I did point cutting until it was decent.

I’m a barber so have no clue how to do very long hair like it was. You should trust yourself and go for it!

Yea that’s what I ended up doing. Touching up the balayage and cutting it. It’s definitely not as good as if I had a friendly hand but it’ll do for now. We do need to trust ourselves a little bit.

But I really miss someone else on my hair, especially due to the relaxation. Especially I miss the nail salons. My nail tech was such a doll and I’m a big pain in the ass so that says a lot haha. ❤❤

In 2 months if I’m not vaccinated, I am gonna buy this split ender and I’ll let you all know how it goes. Fingers crossed I don’t go bald 👩‍🦲

Latest posts

Back