Split Free Edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy-Jayne

Reaction score
Morning Geeks

I have a question re a split Free Edge.

Upon removal of one of my sets of overlays, I somehow managed to split my free edge, roughly 2mm above where the natural free edge starts. This split goes about one third of the way across my nail.

Is it best to cut this nail down and sculpt myself a new tip or just overlay it as normal? Would anyone use some adhesive to fix this and then overlay?

Just after some opinions please. I did a normal overlay, but wondering obviously if this may be weaker, or if the acrylic will effectively 'join' the split back together??

Thanks Geeks

xx

Morning Geeks

I have a question re a split Free Edge.

Upon removal of one of my sets of overlays, I somehow managed to split my free edge, roughly 2mm above where the natural free edge starts. This split goes about one third of the way across my nail.

Is it best to cut this nail down and sculpt myself a new tip or just overlay it as normal? Would anyone use some adhesive to fix this and then overlay?

Just after some opinions please. I did a normal overlay, but wondering obviously if this may be weaker, or if the acrylic will effectively 'join' the split back together??

Thanks Geeks

xx
i would cut the nail down and then sculpt over it....i would not use adhesive to fix it hun...but this is my opinion!!!! if you want to keep the length of the free edge you can just overlay the split.

I sometimes do use glue to hold the nail together before I put anything over it. I do the samethng when I have a client that has broke her natural nail across the stress area. A little glue will hold it so it doesn't hurt. I wouldn't make the extension too long though.

I would use a fabric wrap to give it some strength and hold it all together then i would apply my acrylic as usual, this usually works well hth

Latest posts

Back