split in nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lindag

Reaction score
Hay guys,

I have a split in my middle finger nail going from my free edge right down to my cuticle, obviously it only seperates past the free edge, is there anythin I can do to stop it

HI

Try solar seal, should hold it temp till it grow out.

is solar seal not a glue

Put some silk on it and seal with Gel, it'll only keep splitting otherwise.

lindag said:
is solar seal not a glue

Hi

Yes its an adhesive but it will hold the split.

Hi Linda, I've got one of these on my thumbnail too.

If it's always there then it's probably caused by some kind of trauma or it's hereditary. I think mine's hereditary because my mum's thumbs are like this too. Flippin' hurts when you catch it too - most of the time I put a strip of silk or fibreglass over it if I've not got nails on for some reason - like this week cos I've been busy in the garden.

If it's just a temporary split then you should be ok when it grows out - and it serves ya right for biting off all your enhancement today! *LMAO* :twisted:

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin

Hiya,

Put a strip of silk on and resin, it will hold it and as it starts growing out just buff out the fill line gradually untill it has grown out......hyope that made sense
Amanda

Yep,totally agree with lily above,,,,,,,you need to wrap that baby with some FABRIC# did this on sunday for my sister-in-law she had the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back