Split Nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazjp69

Reaction score
I have a client who up to press has just been having manicures. Now she fancys some acrylic nails. :) Problem I have is her little nail splits down the length of the nail and I have to be really careful when filing it.
Is it possible to put a tip and acrylic on? :confused: I'm scared of her catching it and making the split even worse.

theres no reason why you cant, and you use cnd so you dont actually file anything of the natural nail (other than length and a light buff to remove shine during prep) I actually offer this to men ALOT, many who work in machinery (hubby included) and they at times have accidents with the machines which leads to nails being split, I offer a full clear overlay to help keep the nail together while it grows out :) works well.

Maybe I didn't explain too good but the split never mends it is always there. I think at some point she must have done some damage and it grows split that's why I am so careful when filing. :)

I have a few clients with the same issue. I use Akzentz gel but acrylic works just fine. She will see that she does't have to worry about getting the nail stuck on things or tearing it after she gets the Acrylic on it. I also had one client that had the entire center of her nail missing all her life. We put gel over it and it finally grew out. However once she stopped getting the gels then it went back to the way it was, just because it didn't have the protection on it.

Maybe I didn't explain too good but the split never mends it is always there. I think at some point she must have done some damage and it grows split that's why I am so careful when filing. :)

Try it, but explain to her that she may need to have it done for 6 months minimum, by having the enhancement it on it may be all that is needed to hold the nail together while it grows out.

the fact that it always happens could just be down to that nail being weak and because it's already split the split just keeps growing, some of these guys nails are the same when they DO split them, the mear fact that they have something bonded to either side of the nail, literally PULLING the two sides together is all that is needed to help it grow out...

u can try it, I would go 9 months minimum thou, allow the split to grow out, then keep enhancing it for another 2-3 months to help suport the new unsplit nail, then I would try a course of toughen up to see if u can get that nail to harden a bit and *fingers crossed* not split again

i have alot of clients that have a fault in thier nails and they split all the time i overlay in acrylic and it is fine hun x

:)Thanks I will give it a go when I see her for her next appointment. :)

Latest posts

Back