Split nails help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peartree

Reaction score
Hi geeks 😊
Can anyone tell me why my clients nails keep splitting the way they do?

Could it be medication?

Can I do anything?

Tried buffing and protecting them with silk and gelish but they still spilt 😔

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360354960.463957.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360354960.463957.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 364
It's hard to say. Have you asked your client about it? They look weak to me. Gelish on peely nails will not last as the nail plate peels away so will the gelish. Is she a nail biter? Does she work with chemicals? All depends on your client's answers x

It's hard to say. Have you asked your client about it? They look weak to me. Gelish on peely nails will not last as the nail plate peels away so will the gelish. Is she a nail biter? Does she work with chemicals? All depends on your client's answers x

No she not a biter and she doesn't work with chemicals. :-/

Based on the peeling and the dry hard skin the nails is dry and brittle

She simply needs to keep the moisture level much higher without having it evaporate out and dehydrate

A course of high grade nail oil (such as CND solar oi)l applied all over the nail unit and under the free edge will help trap in moisture and protect against dehydration

Do not apply nail hardner at all. A coating of gel/ fiberglass will be ok. But primarily the brittleness from dehydration will need dealing to with oil

Hths

I had a client in today for her 3rd Gelish application, just managed to get her nails at a decent length but on her right hand her index, middle & ring finger are all peeling.
She's not on any medication or had any health issues, thankfully the peeling is well passed the nail bed.

All i was able to do is reduce the length & buff the nail a little to stop anymore peeling at the moment.

Have told her to keep applying oil to her nails, i know she's using the bottle she had before christmas as she got another one off me today.

Just strange that it's only a couple of fingers, all her other nails are lovely & strong.

Based on the peeling and the dry hard skin the nails is dry and brittle

She simply needs to keep the moisture level much higher without having it evaporate out and dehydrate

A course of high grade nail oil (such as CND solar oi)l applied all over the nail unit and under the free edge will help trap in moisture and protect against dehydration

Do not apply nail hardner at all. A coating of gel/ fiberglass will be ok. But primarily the brittleness from dehydration will need dealing to with oil

Hths

Great thanks 😊 x

I had a client in today for her 3rd Gelish application, just managed to get her nails at a decent length but on her right hand her index, middle & ring finger are all peeling.
She's not on any medication or had any health issues, thankfully the peeling is well passed the nail bed.

All i was able to do is reduce the length & buff the nail a little to stop anymore peeling at the moment.

Have told her to keep applying oil to her nails, i know she's using the bottle she had before christmas as she got another one off me today.

Just strange that it's only a couple of fingers, all her other nails are lovely & strong.

Yup sounds just like my client...
I've told her to use oil but don't think she has up to now 😁
Will tell her again!
Thanks x

Gelish Pro Bond applied to just the free edge (under Foundation) really helps peeling nails like this.

Latest posts

Back