Split tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peppercorn Nails

Reaction score
I know I've asked this question elsewhere and I think Geek answered part of it, but I can't remember where it is, so I'm gonna ask again!

Sorry Geek :oops:

I have a particular client at the moment who has ski jump nails. I apply gel bond and eclipse tips. As the tips grow out (after a couple of rebalances) they tend to split along the free edge where they are attached, this of course catches and consequently gets ripped off. The client has them oval shaped and it does tend to happen more on clients with this shape, although it has happened on squoval as well.

Why does this happen?
What am I doing?
Has this happened to anyone else? If so what do you.

Dizzy Dellie

Hello you lot

Come on, someone must have an idea what I'm doing wrong here. Any info gratefully received.

Yours lovingly (want to go to bed now),
Adele :)shock: these are what my eyes look like :shock: )

Sorry I missed this... sometimes hard to keep up on these things!

Do you apply the tips at a downward angle (in other words so the contact area does not come in complete contact with the plate?)

Yes I do try to, although I have to say that I don't find it particularly easy. The tips are fine for the first 2/3 rebalances, but it's when they get to a small amount at the top.

Thanks, Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back