SPMU advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Hi guys

Iv been considering semi permanent make-up training for around 12 months now but still feeling a little overwhelmed as to who to train with. For me it's a massive deal as I see the treatment to be 'scary' or 'risky' with so many people out there with the 'where there's a blame there's a claim' attitude, plus it's a needle breaking the skin which freaks me out slightly & also the massive outlay of money which is making my decision on who to train with very tough.

Iv been doing research on the semi permanent courses & also microblading but think I'm swaying towards SPMU. Iv been in touch with Louise Walsh of Purebeau & she sounds lovely & has invited me to a taster day however she sent me course details & the course is split into brows, lips & eyes, I'm not at all in the slightest interested at this point in learning lips & eyes, maybe at a later date once Iv mastered brows.
Iv contacted Dermace as they do a brow only diploma.
Iv also contacted Claire Hobson due to a friends recommendation & just explained what it is I want to do. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all! Iv got my Nouveau booklets out from when I enquired last year & yeah their course sounds so in depth & im already familiar with the brand as I'm qualified in HD Brows & LVL's but 2 days are covering lips & eyes & I just aren't bothered for that until I'm fully confident in brows.
Iv also looked at Finishing Touches but again 1 full day is wasted (in my opinion) on lips & eyes [emoji102]
Iv also emailed Epibrow as they appear to do bespoke courses [emoji85] minefield [emoji33]
I suppose I'm looking for someone to maybe to confirm who they have trained with & why? Am I overthinking the lips & eye thing? Any hints & tips? Recommendations, anything.

Thank you in advance JoJo xx
xx

I haven't trained in these treatments but my lash trainer does SPMU and her work is impeccable! I wouldn't hesitate to use her and she trained with Finishing Touches.

This is her Facebook page if you wanted to see. https://www.facebook.com/Laylahinchenspmu/

I hope it can help you a little bit x

Thank you. I'll take a look xx

Hi guys

Iv been considering semi permanent make-up training for around 12 months now but still feeling a little overwhelmed as to who to train with. For me it's a massive deal as I see the treatment to be 'scary' or 'risky' with so many people out there with the 'where there's a blame there's a claim' attitude, plus it's a needle breaking the skin which freaks me out slightly & also the massive outlay of money which is making my decision on who to train with very tough.

Iv been doing research on the semi permanent courses & also microblading but think I'm swaying towards SPMU. Iv been in touch with Louise Walsh of Purebeau & she sounds lovely & has invited me to a taster day however she sent me course details & the course is split into brows, lips & eyes, I'm not at all in the slightest interested at this point in learning lips & eyes, maybe at a later date once Iv mastered brows.
Iv contacted Dermace as they do a brow only diploma.
Iv also contacted Claire Hobson due to a friends recommendation & just explained what it is I want to do. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all! Iv got my Nouveau booklets out from when I enquired last year & yeah their course sounds so in depth & im already familiar with the brand as I'm qualified in HD Brows & LVL's but 2 days are covering lips & eyes & I just aren't bothered for that until I'm fully confident in brows.
Iv also looked at Finishing Touches but again 1 full day is wasted (in my opinion) on lips & eyes [emoji102]
Iv also emailed Epibrow as they appear to do bespoke courses [emoji85] minefield [emoji33]
I suppose I'm looking for someone to maybe to confirm who they have trained with & why? Am I overthinking the lips & eye thing? Any hints & tips? Recommendations, anything.

Thank you in advance JoJo xx
xx

I'm in exactly the same place as you, really really want to train in spmu too, feel it's the next step but also it's a lot of money (not counting the days training that I won't be earning) I'm going to follow this thread to see how you get on.
I've also looked at Tracie Giles training too so perhaps check them out?

Interested to hear your final decision JoJo

Sam x

I trained in July this year with dermace and it was fabulous and the help and support afterwards is amazing can't fault them at all , well worth doing the 5 days x

I have just completed my SPMU training - I trained with Haj Aslam at Ashwood Academy and can honestly say it was the best training course I have been on to date. I was determined to train with Nouveau Contour as I am comfortable with their training school (I have done HD's, LVL's, Nouveau Lashes, A-Lift and Dermatude) but can honestly say i'm so glad I chose to train with Haj instead.

He offers just eyebrows, or the full brows, liner and lips. I chose to just focus on brows to start off with - this covered SPMU and microblading.. you can then decide which method you prefer to focus on.

It was a three day course, the fastest most intense 3 days ever... but I left feeling SO confident and ready to get going on my own clients. Also, he only teaches classes of 3, so its almost one to one training. He also makes it very clear that anyone that trains with him are 'students for life' and we are all more than welcome to go back as much as we need to to build confidence, or to do case studies and models. I love this!

He is an amazing trainer and everyone at Ashwood Academy make you feel so welcome... I highly recommend! If you call and speak to Keith, he will talk you through everything!

Good luck with it all!

xx

I have just completed my SPMU training - I trained with Haj Aslam at Ashwood Academy and can honestly say it was the best training course I have been on to date. I was determined to train with Nouveau Contour as I am comfortable with their training school (I have done HD's, LVL's, Nouveau Lashes, A-Lift and Dermatude) but can honestly say i'm so glad I chose to train with Haj instead.

He offers just eyebrows, or the full brows, liner and lips. I chose to just focus on brows to start off with - this covered SPMU and microblading.. you can then decide which method you prefer to focus on.

It was a three day course, the fastest most intense 3 days ever... but I left feeling SO confident and ready to get going on my own clients. Also, he only teaches classes of 3, so its almost one to one training. He also makes it very clear that anyone that trains with him are 'students for life' and we are all more than welcome to go back as much as we need to to build confidence, or to do case studies and models. I love this!

He is an amazing trainer and everyone at Ashwood Academy make you feel so welcome... I highly recommend! If you call and speak to Keith, he will talk you through everything!

Good luck with it all!

xx
I'm booked on this course in January I can't wait...I was a little worried 3 days doesn't seem long enough so this made me feel better x

3 days is not enough training for microblading and it is recommended that you do pmu first. Reason being is that it is challenging and also colour theory is a sticking point.

Latest posts

Back