SPMU disaster, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessicagould

Reaction score
I have had my eyebrows tattooed today. I have had them done twice before with previous technicians. This lady has completely ruined my face. It looks like someone has took a sharpie to my face! I haven’t stopped crying! Where do I stand with this pls! I said to her I think they are a bit thick and she said she filled in where the previous technican has tattooed, clearly not!

Attachments

• EFA57091-A5B5-48C8-837E-224041CD5E0C.jpeg
    EFA57091-A5B5-48C8-837E-224041CD5E0C.jpeg
    891.5 KB · Views: 123
  • A04D58B7-2A25-402B-9C86-73DE21AB1585.jpeg
    A04D58B7-2A25-402B-9C86-73DE21AB1585.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 1B374837-7221-414D-8306-A2E3902D3ED6.jpeg
    1B374837-7221-414D-8306-A2E3902D3ED6.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 111
  • AEE351EA-57BF-4331-B564-BE3B46C1F3BB.jpeg
    AEE351EA-57BF-4331-B564-BE3B46C1F3BB.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 106
  • 951CC154-3BB4-49F0-A858-0FD04961F4F8.jpeg
    951CC154-3BB4-49F0-A858-0FD04961F4F8.jpeg
    520 KB · Views: 109
You already had numerous techs reply to you on Facebook giving advice, I understand you are upset but I don’t think anyone here will be able to offer you any different x

You already had numerous techs reply to you on Facebook giving advice, I understand you are upset but I don’t think anyone here will be able to offer you any different x
I don’t want advice about after care I want to take this further this is the advice I need now I thought on here people would know. Xx

I don’t want advice about after care I want to take this further this is the advice I need now I thought on here people would know. Xx

My mistake! Hopefully someone can give you some advice x

Hi as a spmu technician you would have agreed shape and colour first? I know it's not aftercare you want but they will calm down they are always darker to start with. Also I never go ahead with any shape or colour if my client is not happy that's what the consultation is for and why we go through all the appropriate measurements to give you brows you want. did this not happen? If you agreed the colour and shape and signed the agreement forms then I don't believe you can take it further. Did you tell her at the end that you wasn't happy?

Kerrie

Are they tattooed or microbladed? They look exactly like mine after blading and they cover with pigment you wash off after an hour. This is super dark the next day but within a week is perfect, obviously as you shouldn't wash them they pigment will stick in the hair and skin for the first week.

Oh no no no you must wash them from day 1 with a mild soap or baby shampoo and pat dry with kitchen roll (not your towel as towels harbour bacteria). The last thing you want is a build of bacteria and oils from make up and sweat etc. The pigment will not come out!! You should do this for the first 5 days along with the aftercare gel/ ointment that the technician should give you as part of the aftercare. You only need a very small amount to apply of aftercare gel to the brows. If your brows are shiny you've applied too much, take a cotton swab and gently remove any excess as you still need your skin to breathe through the healing process.

Kerrie

Hi as a spmu technician you would have agreed shape and colour first? I know it's not aftercare you want but they will calm down they are always darker to start with. Also I never go ahead with any shape or colour if my client is not happy that's what the consultation is for and why we go through all the appropriate measurements to give you brows you want. did this not happen? If you agreed the colour and shape and signed the agreement forms then I don't believe you can take it further. Did you tell her at the end that you wasn't happy?

Kerrie
When she drew them on I said they were too thick. She assured me they weren’t and she was drawing over where the previous technican had drawn. So I trusted her. She hasn’t, she has drawn over my eyebrow. I have got the pics of my brows before and you can clearly see they are different and bigger. I offered to show her the pics but she didn’t want to see them x

Are they tattooed or microbladed? They look exactly like mine after blading and they cover with pigment you wash off after an hour. This is super dark the next day but within a week is perfect, obviously as you shouldn't wash them they pigment will stick in the hair and skin for the first week.

I haven’t got any of that plus they are too thick and and odd shaped x

When she drew them on I said they were too thick. She assured me they weren’t and she was drawing over where the previous technican had drawn. So I trusted her. She hasn’t, she has drawn over my eyebrow. I have got the pics of my brows before and you can clearly see they are different and bigger. I offered to show her the pics but she didn’t want to see them x
I feel your pain and I'm sad that the technician didn't listen to you. It's my biggest rule is to listen to my client and not go ahead until they're happy. It does work both ways you must stand your ground if you're not happy do not allow them to touch you until you're happy and if they don't listen walk away. I know that's a little late for you but they will fade a lot over the next 4 weeks and they will shrink in size a little. I'd leave it until they have settled and when you go back for your touch up have an open and frank conversation with her. If you don't want her to do your touch up after just walk away and put it down to a bad experience. They will fade drastically without a touch up and there is also a fader/correction option talk to the technician about this. Good luck xx

Oh no no no you must wash them from day 1 with a mild soap or baby shampoo and pat dry with kitchen roll (not your towel as towels harbour bacteria). The last thing you want is a build of bacteria and oils from make up and sweat etc. The pigment will not come out!! You should do this for the first 5 days along with the aftercare gel/ ointment that the technician should give you as part of the aftercare. You only need a very small amount to apply of aftercare gel to the brows. If your brows are shiny you've applied too much, take a cotton swab and gently remove any excess as you still need your skin to breathe through the healing process.

Kerrie

I have washed my face morn and night I've just not used any scrubs on them my brows are fine btw. I was given no aftercare advice other than keep putting the aftercare on at first. I want to train in SPMU so went to a private beauty school whilst college mates had them done at college, I see fails on both sides with the training.

Hi, I had mine done years ago and they looked like this for a while and they were hairstroke. I can’t really tell if yours are as it looks like a full coverage though in one closer pic it does look like hairstroke. Once mine scabbed and healed it really was about 70% lighter. Was actually quite bummed about it! But glad it did as what I had back then went out of trend very quickly.

I enjoyed them for about 6 months and even shaved my brows off (my god!) and didn’t get them topped up. After that I had to draw them back on again and 18 months later they were pretty much unnoticeable except for a few areas. Then they vanished over time. They are completely gone now and my tiny eyebrows have grown and are lovely and full to boot.

They will calm down.

They will fade.

Once they are healed if they are too much for you still, get some camouflage foundation and then draw some on how you like it until they’ve fade more. You can always get them removed later down the line. It can feel a shock when anything changes, like a hair colour etc but you do get used to it.

I’ve been there with a hairdresser that balded me on one side with a shaver so I can totally understand how upsetting it can be to have something you didn’t expect. Just remember you look beautiful and some dark eyebrows haven’t changed that. Keep your chin up. xx

Latest posts

Back