SPMU disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbiedoodah

Reaction score
Over 2 weeks ago I received SPMU tattooed eyebrows. They are horrendous. The lady has refused to give me a refund or part refund for correction with another beautician. Where do I stand?, she came recommended by a friend whose brows were fine. They are too thick, different heights and shape awful. The lady is deeply offended about my unhappy comments. I had the tattoo removal cream process on Saturday, and now hoping as it was just one session and didn’t have them topped up, the ink will lift out with the scabs. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• C27CAE85-B938-4CF0-9AA7-33C6C97E8189.jpeg
    C27CAE85-B938-4CF0-9AA7-33C6C97E8189.jpeg
    694.8 KB · Views: 266
  • 44292111-45A2-464C-A7D6-2FCC8FFE8D29.jpeg
    44292111-45A2-464C-A7D6-2FCC8FFE8D29.jpeg
    701.1 KB · Views: 242
  • 0ED45A46-A787-4716-987D-03A510C10B12.jpeg
    0ED45A46-A787-4716-987D-03A510C10B12.jpeg
    718.1 KB · Views: 231
I don't know where you stand legally but just want to say that I think your brows look good.

The trouble with spmu is that so much is subject to taste and it's a massive commitment to have what someone else thinks looks good be on you permanently.

I actually believe that with a full face of makeup your brows will look stunning and frame the whole look very well. If you're not happy that's totally valid but I just wanted to offer a perspective on what your brows look like to a random person who's not seen them before.

It would be helpful if you had a before photograph too. What is it about the work done that you don't like, the shape, colour, size? and what did you ask to be done that wasn't? I'm not an expert in this field but I believe it takes a few weeks for the colour settle down. They do seem to be a good colour match for your hair with good symmetry.

Hi Debbiedoodah
I am sorry you are unhappy about your brows. It does take 4 weeks for the true shape, depth of pigment and colour to be ascertained. Only then would another technician look at them. It looks like you have scabs in the pictures? There is a possibility that some of the pigment may come out with the scabs when they fall off.

Brows always look far more dramatic and darker in the first couple of weeks and i am hoping this is the case for you. If after the four week period you are still unhappy i would go back to the original technician and explain what you are not happy with and see what she can do. Did you agree with the shape of the brows she drew on before the treatment ? Were before, drawn on and after pictures taken? Was a pigment colour agreed on and sampled on your skin? All of these can be questioned if you feel it wasn't the same.
I am not aware of a cream removal process at all. Correction and removal would have to be done by the same process or laser and only done 4-6 weeks after the initial treatment ( once skin has healed).
To me the shape and result is good and i believe that once the healing has done its work you will feel better about your brows.

I think it is the block colour that may appear too much for you. It looks like they had a shaded/powdered technique. The shape and colour looks nice though personally I think they should have been a little bit smaller.

Hi Debbiedoodah
I am sorry you are unhappy about your brows. It does take 4 weeks for the true shape, depth of pigment and colour to be ascertained. Only then would another technician look at them. It looks like you have scabs in the pictures? There is a possibility that some of the pigment may come out with the scabs when they fall off.

Brows always look far more dramatic and darker in the first couple of weeks and i am hoping this is the case for you. If after the four week period you are still unhappy i would go back to the original technician and explain what you are not happy with and see what she can do. Did you agree with the shape of the brows she drew on before the treatment ? Were before, drawn on and after pictures taken? Was a pigment colour agreed on and sampled on your skin? All of these can be questioned if you feel it wasn't the same.
I am not aware of a cream removal process at all. Correction and removal would have to be done by the same process or laser and only done 4-6 weeks after the initial treatment ( once skin has healed).
To me the shape and result is good and i believe that once the healing has done its work you will feel better about your brows.
What the technician drew before, and the end result were different, there was one higher than the other and just uneven, thick and wrong. The removal cream process has taken some of the tattoo, but looks like I will need laser too.

It would be helpful if you had a before photograph too. What is it about the work done that you don't like, the shape, colour, size? and what did you ask to be done that wasn't? I'm not an expert in this field but I believe it takes a few weeks for the colour settle down. They do seem to be a good colour match for your hair with good symmetry.
My brows before, I asked for natural brush strokes

Attachments

• BE327937-F1A1-454A-BE2C-8E486B2CFEF4.jpeg
    BE327937-F1A1-454A-BE2C-8E486B2CFEF4.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 164
Thank you for posting the after photograph. I hope the pigment is staring to settle now. The new eyebrows are very strong in comparison but they appear to well executed. I'm afraid I can only follow the advice given on here, wait for them to settle and heal and then try to have a calm dialogue with your therapist.

Thank you for posting the after photograph. I hope the pigment is staring to settle now. The new eyebrows are very strong in comparison but they appear to well executed. I'm afraid I can only follow the advice given on here, wait for them to settle and heal and then try to have a calm dialogue with your therapist.
The calm dialogue isn’t going to happen unfortunately, although some of the ink has come out after a month and the removal process, they are still horrendous to me. Lesson learnt!... I will probably need laser removal.

Attachments

• CC8980E8-7004-4832-A091-98EBB2BA5EFC.jpeg
    CC8980E8-7004-4832-A091-98EBB2BA5EFC.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 118
I'm currently having laser for my eyebrows as they were very uneven. I initially tried the acid removal and went on to laser. I've had two treatments with a third due Saturday. I started having mine removed 8mths after getting them so left longer than yours. It is painful and what I would say is the area does scab up and my brows are singed straight after. Hazard of the procedure I suppose but I am getting there. I'm also having hair issues so not having a good time right now. Beat of luck with the removal it's not nice feeling self conscious xx

I'm currently having laser for my eyebrows as they were very uneven. I initially tried the acid removal and went on to laser. I've had two treatments with a third due Saturday. I started having mine removed 8mths after getting them so left longer than yours. It is painful and what I would say is the area does scab up and my brows are singed straight after. Hazard of the procedure I suppose but I am getting there. I'm also having hair issues so not having a good time right now. Beat of luck with the removal it's not nice feeling self conscious xx
Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your brows too and now hair, it’s a lengthy process, not to mention painful and inconvenient to have scabs as eyebrows after every removal procedure. I really feel for you.

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your brows too and now hair, it’s a lengthy process, not to mention painful and inconvenient to have scabs as eyebrows after every removal procedure. I really feel for you.
I'm getting there now. I did a lot of research as well so I suppose I'm just unfortune.... a running theme lately! But fingers crossed it'll be gone after the next session. For those considering laser just be aware that the ink can take weeks to fade so after a session you may feel there's not much difference but the body continuously breaks it down. Leave a good 6-8 weeks between treatments

I'm getting there now. I did a lot of research as well so I suppose I'm just unfortune.... a running theme lately! But fingers crossed it'll be gone after the next session. For those considering laser just be aware that the ink can take weeks to fade so after a session you may feel there's not much difference but the body continuously breaks it down. Leave a good 6-8 weeks between treatments
I have my 1st laser treatment scheduled in 2 weeks. It’s costing me £70, so I really hope it works. So hard SPMU removal. Thanks for sharing your experience. It has been very helpful and supportive.

I have my 1st laser treatment scheduled in 2 weeks. It’s costing me £70, so I really hope it works. So hard SPMU removal. Thanks for sharing your experience. It has been very helpful and supportive.
This is 5 weeks after tattoos, and 1 cream removal process. They are fading but still dominate my face and life!

Attachments

• FA9BB45F-8ECE-4066-952D-E1D00D728922.jpeg
    FA9BB45F-8ECE-4066-952D-E1D00D728922.jpeg
    666.3 KB · Views: 95
  • B1399A4B-D9EC-4954-B55F-801FF8319C00.jpeg
    B1399A4B-D9EC-4954-B55F-801FF8319C00.jpeg
    443.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 51B86803-40A4-4997-BBD2-6334B24ACA3B.jpeg
    51B86803-40A4-4997-BBD2-6334B24ACA3B.jpeg
    586.6 KB · Views: 93
I've had three sessions but bear in mind mine was 18mths old. The results are fantastic and really faded them. I'm leaving them now as the tattoo is slightly there still and red bit with laser it keeps dispelling the ink for weeks after. I've uploaded a picture. Also mine look worse because she scarred my skin going too deep with microblading but you can see how far out it was from my natural brow. I've been using rose hip oil to repair the skin. Good luck it'll be fine.

Attachments

• 20180220_195223.jpg
    20180220_195223.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 84
Just want to add for anyone looking to do revomal, saline removal is the kindest for your skin. Phibrows do this and it's called phiremoval, like the laser it will still take numerous sessions to continue the fading process but it is the kindest removal for the skin and doesnt singe the existing hairs.

Also for anyone scarred from bad microblading, microneedling is an excellent way to help repair the skin again!

Hope the laser removal works for you! I totally get how you feel I had mine done 2 years ago and hated them they are uneven patchy and I'm pretty sure they're a bit scarred I keep exfoliating them and hoping for the best gonna try Egyptian magic cream from boots apparently it's amazing for fading tattoos I have to conceal my brows every day then draw them in. I looked into laser but was worried about the risk of scarring. Let us know how you get on xx

Has anyone tried enlighten by Cutera for SPMU? The device uses picosecond technology and I've heard it is very focused.

Latest posts

Back