SPMU, sink and environmental health advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dianejp

Reaction score
Please can anyone offer me some hope!! I have just EH round to check my room. I have a home based treatment room with another room attached with a sink and toilet. I do nails, waxing, LVL etc and have recently trained in SPMU (microblading). They asked me how I cleaned my tools (meaning my tweezers) I explained the procedure, wipe, wash then sterilise. I was then told that I can't clean my tools in the same sink used for hand washing. I also can't use my kitchen sink. They are going to go away and look into it and discuss it with the 'Team Leader'. Has anyone been in the same predicament? I find it frustrating as I'm sure there any many people out there doing these things whom haven't gone through the proper channels and it makes it hard for those of use that do. I'm having to take down my curtain which isn't a big deal. However I don't really have room for another sink. Any advice or thought welcome. I'm feeling really disheartened.

It's normal to have a hand wash only sink in food businesses (my last trade) but personally not heard of it in beauty though I can also see why it would be same rule. Can you wash the items in a bowl that you use exclusively for tools and keep sink off hand wash? Worth asking. I've always found our EH team very helpful. Good luck.

It's normal to have a hand wash only sink in food businesses (my last trade) but personally not heard of it in beauty though I can also see why it would be same rule. Can you wash the items in a bowl that you use exclusively for tools and keep sink off hand wash? Worth asking. I've always found our EH team very helpful. Good luck.
Not sure. If that was an option I'd like to think that they would have given me that option, or suggested it. There must be other SPMU a Technicians out there that have the same problem. Even if they aren't doing other beauty treatment they would use scissors and tweezers, so what would they? Thanks for the reply x

Latest posts

Back