SPMU-the natural next step?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinkyboots33

Reaction score
I currently offer nail treatments, LVL, Semi-permanent lashes, tanning etc but my passion is brows. Iv been doing HD Brows for around 2 years now and would love to take my brow career further and concentrate on brows only. I'd love to do SPM course but it's a mind field out there :-( Is there anyone on here who had done the traditional SPM method and now tried the micro blading method? I'd love to know how it differs, mainly the final result. I see Karen Betts does a course but it's very expensive compared to the Epibrow one. I have a bit of money saved up but happily save more for the right course. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I see there is an old thread but it's a bit long in the tooth now and guessing there is new advice to be had.

Smudge Free also does training and his work is brilliant. I had my brows done by hime a few years ago. His name is Andrew Stassi and he has been doing SPM for many years. He is often at Professional Beauty and Olympia beauty and has a great website. Just a thought.....

Where is he based? I'm in Scotland :-/

Looking at Mrs Makeup and Epibrow.

Can anyone advise on the pros and cons of doing traditional SPM to MIcroblade method. I know there is a HUGE price difference and it's a different methods but don't know much more than that tbh..

Any help or guidance will be very much appreciated..x

Have you done the training with Epibrow woobywoo?

Also, those who have went down the SPM route, how many clients did you have per month (roughly )trying to work out how long it will take me to pay back my outlay

Yes i did kinkyboots33 in their glasgow studio.. Ring them they are lovely friendly girls..x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433831075.007088.jpg

Hi. I hold regular microblade training academies and there is full student support after. You can also buy all your materials etc directly in the UK. If you would like more info feel free to call me anytime [emoji177] I love microblading. It's such a lovely treatment xxx

Do you have a link to your training page. Can't see anything under bareface beauty or prive.

Anyone else offer advice :)

I'm in exactly the same position I've been doing hds two years and I've just booked epibrows!! Very excited!!x

Beauty - serene. Well done for taking the plunge. When are you doing your course?

Spmu is more about your abilities rather than who costs the most to train with... I originally trained with Finishing Touches before most of the other companies around now were even thinking about it.

Back then there was dawn cragg and Louise Walsh so my point is many of the "masters" out there are actually not that experienced... Very successful yes. I started with Spmu then did Epibrows, I find it much less traumatic for both the client and me. Less overheads with no machine to worry about (I've had machines break mid treatment) and as I use fully disposable hand tools less red tape re autoclave etc

Another thing I would recommend is actually visit and speak to the trainers if you can.. It used to be easier as they were at the trade shows but you will get a feel for who you can learn better from and who you can work better with .

Well... Iv went with Mrs makeup and start my training on Monday.

Latest posts

Back